1.5.0 Feedback

I still see the settings icons on my iphone X but how did you minimize the top menu? Or did you simply cut the screenshot? I´m frustrated that the menus takes up almost 1/3rd of the screen.

Thanks.
I’m in pretty much the same situation, have setup GA a long time ago. When I switched to MFA I decided to stop support for legacy auth to further protect my setup, I also decided to upgrade GA to use a long like token. the long life token doesn’t work when legacy auth is enabled, and I re-enabled legacy auth to stop getting ip_banned on my mobile devices…

I’m not using long-life tokens OR legacy_auth. It just works without either.

I am getting it…

HI @robbiet480

is there any way to install this beta next to the current app? I don’t want to change setup just yet and lose my 075.3 functionality.

It should be possible, I have the Plex app and the Plex beta app running just fine together.

It seems to me that the app i backwards compatible so you don´t need to update to hass 0.77+ for using the app. I´m running it fine with v0.76.2.

With legacy and basic auth off I am still being locked out of accessing HA because I get ip banned when moving from wifi to 4G cellular networks.

I also had my iphone 6 lock up requiring a force restart (hold home + power) for the first time in years today. That’s the fun of beta testing I guess.

Can confirm it’s working allright with the latest beta :+1:

sure, but it’s not a matter of updating the HA instance, but of testing the beta (with all its yet to be cleared flukes, inherent to being a beta) and being able to use a stable setup of the current App.

If not, no beta testing I am afraid.

The new app feels way faster.

Is it possible to add horizontal swiping to switch views?

7 Likes

Any chance of getting shortcuts integration?

2 Likes

Still having the missing icons problem with 1.2.0

iphone x
ios 12

The 1.2.0 app is crashing when tapping on the ‘map’ icon. No big deail for me, overall the app is working great :slight_smile:

iPhone X
iOS 12

Got the same problem,username and password are correct.

Don’t use legacy mode.

I installed this yesterday on an iPad running iOS 12 and initially it was running fine.
Today, however, when opening settings the settings page appeared for less than 1 second and then it crashed. After this happened several times, I decided to uninstall and re-install it. The first time doing this, I was logged in immediately after re-installing it (presumably due to cached data) but the Settings page still cached. I then cleared the Safari crash and re-installed it again and now I can’t even start the application without it crashing.

Any idea why this is happening?

EDIT: I figured this out. It turns out I had a space after my device name in the app configuration. This is actually not the first time I have run in to this issue! Due to the fact that the app completely hides the space in its right alignment, it’s very hard to figure out that’s what’s going on. I recommend that you trim white space on save.

Original post:
1.2.0 is not sending my location to Home Assistant. Hass throws this error when I try to force an update:

Error executing service <ServiceCall device_tracker.see (c:d6f516e2d6234c7ab82f8eb3507319c0): gps_accuracy=65, host_name=Atlas, attributes=timestamp=2018-10-01T12:25:03.447-0700, course=-1, altitude=redacted, speed=-1, vertical_accuracy=10, trigger=Manual, dev_id=greg , gps=[redacted, redacted], source_type=gps, battery=78>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 1177, in _event_to_service_call
    await service_handler.func(service_call)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/__init__.py", line 224, in async_see_service
    yield from tracker.async_see(**data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/__init__.py", line 291, in async_see
    dev_id = cv.slug(str(dev_id).lower())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/config_validation.py", line 323, in slug
    raise vol.Invalid('invalid slug {} (try {})'.format(value, slg))
voluptuous.error.Invalid: invalid slug greg  (try greg_)```

It seems that the settings only crash when I have WiFi turned on, so I’ve been able to log in by turning off WiFi before opening the app, which then lets me enter the details and save the settings but it’s odd that this was working fine yesterday without needing to do this.

actionable notifications do not seam to work like they used to for cameras. I will get notified of motion at front door. I select the watch live button. I get the notification to watch live feed. When I try to watch the feed this is what i see.

The camera feed in the app works. I can see the feed. It appears to be something with the notification.

I just started using the latest bete. I noticed a small issue with my notifications.

I have a few notifications that push a camera image. The image is not included in the notifications anymore. Do I need to change my notification config to get this to work? or is it a bug?

Thanks.

1 Like