max_temp: 23
    target_temp: 21
    cold_tolerance: 0.3
    hot_tolerance: 0
    min_cycle_duration:
    seconds: 5
    keep_alive:
    minutes: 3
    the problem is that it appears to have no current temperature. I probably have a typo somewhere but I have spent a lot of time trying to get home assistant to control a simple electric heater in my office as a test before I move on to more complex control. But I have not been able to get a trigger or generic thermostat to react to temperature from 1-wire

First thing to check is do you get anything in the state table for your sensors?

Hello:

thank you very much.

The stat table had it as tt11_temperature not just tt11.

Once I added the _temperature the current temperature was displayed.

Yep it always pays to check what’s in the state table both for values and names as HA has a tendency to name things very oddly on occasion :wink:

thank you very much. I have spent a significant amount of time on Home assistant over the last month as I think it can very useful, but I was getting ready to give up on it has I could not get the temperature to work

Agin thank you

kalvin

No worries glad to help, been in the same situation a few times, and I’m having PI issues atm :frowning:

just a note. I have tried using Home assistant on the new rasbian strech. it caused me a lot of problems. I have gone back to Jessie and everything seems to be more stable

Yep I’m having a few problems atm, my main RPI3 went down and so I’m reduced to using an old RPI1 which is painfully slow and is taking 1 hr or so to start up :frowning:
A few things seem not to work very well on Hassbian atm but whether that’s my pi being slow or a combination of stretch as well I don’t know yet :frowning: