100% Floorplan UI Dashboard, Colored Lights, Everything Accessable

I am sharing my dashboard here now which was originally posted on the Picture Elements topic but seeing I no longer use Picture Elements then I feel having it’s own topic is more appropriate. I have also done YouTube videos demonstrating how to create a layout like this so this topic can also keep things contained when querying stuff about the floorplan and it’s process.

YouTube Demonstration

Tutorial Channel: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNaeA0iHcKdQ5T4ZBqRtoYvHaCglP-c1D

13 Likes

Hello thanks for this, it’s pretty awesome looking. I tried to grab the Youtube repo and modify it, I do get the floorplan to work but I keep getting errors:
Custom Element Doesn't Exist: mod-card

I have Card-mod loaded and works everywhere else in my other dashboards, am I missing something?

Can’t recall if card-mod been updated and changed but the resources are really for reference, just change to how mod-card works for your other cards… The config in resources in no way changes how plugins work and it works just the same like any other card. Also mod-card from memory is a separate resource you need to load, please read their github for details

Thank you, yes totally understand. That is what I was essentially wondering if mod-card was a distinct resource from the normal “card-mod” element. I did not find anything with a quick google but I am going to look around more, thanks again for the outstanding theme.

Update: For anyone else who runs into this, try loading the floor plan and then refresh the page 4-5 times, if the error goes away and works but comes back it’s due to a known bug that was fixed in the card-mod package. Make sure to update to the latest version. In my case I had some so by HACS and it sitll did not work so I went and manually updated the card-mod.js from the github repo and voila.

It used to be a separate resource prior to version 3 for card-mod but has now been integrated into the main file. Unfortunately Home Assistants aggressive caching can cause issues like this aswell. But glad you got it working and thanks for helping by letting others know your solution

1 Like