109.1 missing snapshot refresh button

Seems like the snapshot refresh button (which was located on the right top corner) is gone in 0.109.

Is there another way to refresh the snapshots page? Only way I found is to reboot the host system.

Nothing to do with 0.109, it is supervisor 220 that causes this behavior. And indeed, it is gone.

1 Like

So is this a (known) bug or is there some reason that it is gone?

It’s a known bug with Supervisor 220 (which redesigned a bunch of things): https://github.com/home-assistant/frontend/issues/5698

1 Like

I’m was running Hass.io in a Virtual Machine. I recently migrated to another computer and I’m trying to restore from a saved snapshot. However, the missing reset button has me dead in the water. I’ve restarting HA from the server controls but it still doesn’t show up. I can Samba to it and my snapshot is sitting in the backups folder. My question is…

When you say, the only thing that works is rebooting the host, would that mean rebooting my virtual machine i created in VirtualBox or my NUC where VirtualBox is installed? I’m always confused about which one is the host.

You can still click the reload icon, even if you don’t see it.
You can also reload with ha sn reload

1 Like

I can’t answer that, but you should find the “Reboot” button here: Supervisor - System - Host System.

However @ludeeus already posted better solutions.

I used the invisible button. It just took me a bit to find it. Like a software version of an escape room. :wink:

1 Like

And the final solution is to upgrade supervisor to 222.

Just saw that I’m already on 222, without me clicking on update or something. I updated to 109.6 today. Did supervisor 222 come with 109.6 automatically (I think those were separate updates in the past)?

Edit: Just found out that supervisor updates automatically
Strange because I saw that Update to supervisor xxx a few times. Does someone know in which case supervisor updates automatically and in which case it shows an update button?

It updates on startup, and every 8h while running, during that time if there is an update you see a button

1 Like

Thanks! Seems like I finally have an explanation why I get random notification saying that my unifi controller (add-on in HA) has reconnected. This probably happens after supervisor has updated automatically.

Had one of those notifications today and 222 was also released today.