17Track.net

Same question, didn’t find the solution to display each sensor created by package ID :confused:

Hello ! Thank you for this component ! Perfect time ! :slight_smile:
However, like others, it’s complicated to manage each package in a view. Is it possible to put entities in a sub domain (eg. sensor.17track.*) ?
I have the same error than above:
Entity id already exists: sensor.XXXXXX. Platform seventeentrack does not generate unique IDs

Thank you again !

@marcb and @minims see https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/18840 - there is a PR already merged adding more “sane” entity names.

1 Like

Hi, having the same error every 10 minutes,

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 343, in _async_add_entity
    raise HomeAssistantError(msg)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: sensor.un591019467cn. Platform seventeentrack does not generate unique IDs

@maxandersen - It’s great thanks.
Can you also please make a UI to show all packages in a table like this:
https://github.com/tr1plus/ha-aftership (including the last update date) ?

Having it all in one sensor would work too and is easily manageable especially if one is planning to display it in a table like what is used in https://github.com/custom-components/sensor.aftership/blob/master/custom_components/sensor/aftership.py
I am using it already with a custom:list-card - works beautifully

Hi all – FYI, this PR adds the desired functionality mentioned by several people above (e.g., a JSON attribute that shows packages for each summary sensor):

2 Likes

I’m using Hass on Ubuntu (not Hass.io) and I don’t have 17track component in Integration Panel. I’d like to manage my tracking numbers like in #14 post. Any suggestions how to do it?

Since this is a sensor platform and not a standalone component, you won’t see anything in the Integrations Panel. You’ll need to follow the documentation and modify your configuration.yaml file.

Hi @bachya,
Is it possible to show all the packages in a table with their status (without lovelace) ?

Hello, while I looked for 17track API, I saw this API https://market.mashape.com/apidojo/17track. You may be interested in it. Give it a try.

Hi, I am getting this error now:

ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Error while setting up platform seventeentrack
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 126, in _async_setup_platform
    SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT, loop=hass.loop)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py", line 416, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/seventeentrack/sensor.py", line 78, in async_setup_platform
    await data.async_update()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/seventeentrack/sensor.py", line 285, in _async_update
    show_archived=self._show_archived)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/py17track/profile.py", line 87, in packages
    packages.append(Package(package['FTrackNo'], **kwargs))
  File "<attrs generated init b8f065d2d53bade8cb38c947eb77a096f9d6ea7f>", line 12, in __init__
    self.__attrs_post_init__()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/py17track/package.py", line 272, in __attrs_post_init__
    self, 'destination_country', COUNTRY_MAP[self.destination_country])
KeyError: 9009

Is this still being developed? I’m looking for a way to integrate translation?
I know the app and website can. Would it be possible for this sensor to also translate?

1 Like

has links to the source.

Hi All,
I’m not sure where to ask these questions, and I couldn’t find a better place so here it goes:

1. Which API version is used by this integration, v1 or v2?
  2. I could not find the carrier info in the package-level attributes, what do you know about this?

Thanks

API - not sure, but best place to ask would be on github. GitHub - bachya/py17track: 📦 A simple API to track package info from 17track.com

Carrier, not sure it is implemented.

Each Package object has the following info:

• destination_country: the country the package was shipped to
  • friendly_name: the human-friendly name of the package
  • info: a text description of the latest status
  • timestamp: the timestamp of the latest event
  • origin_country: the country the package was shipped from
  • package_type: the type of package (if known)
  • status: the overall package status (“In Transit”, “Delivered”, etc.)
  • tracking_info_language: the language of the tracking info
  • tracking_number: the all-important tracking number

trying to install 17track, after adding the sensor with my username and pass to my config file and restarting HA, nth shows up in my sensors or even the logs. the logs doesn’t have anything related to seventeentrack

Did you restart home assistant?

Do you have any active packages in 17track.net?

yes i have restarted HA several times and have tried on 2 different hosts (different places), In 17track.net I placed 2 packages where their states are ‘Delivered’. In the config, I have also placed these 2 to display even if packages are delivered.

- platform: seventeentrack
  username: !secret seven_user
  password: !secret seven_pass
  show_archived: true
  show_delivered: true

How long is your 17 track password?