1st gen Eve Room, Bluetooth and 2022.8

I’m happy to report that both my shlage sense locks have successfully paired with HomeKit controller and I’m able to pass this back to HomeKit Bridge and control the lock with both HA and Apple Home app :slight_smile:

Now I just need to figure out how to remotely add access codes to the locks now that the shlage app won’t let me connect to it anymore.

Would HK controller be able to do this ?

Thanks for the confirmation!

I would also be interested to know about the codes… maybe there’s a ways to connect the Schlage app to the HA controller so it can talk to the lock?

1 Like

Hello everyone, has anyone been able to add the following ?

I have Eve MotionBlinds at my home, but I can not find them in HA.
Sometimes it pops up but for some reason haven’t been able to add it.

Has anyone been able to add an Eve device through bluetooth?

And how can you add it ?
Or make it pop-up?

I have successfully paired Eve Door, Eve Degree and Eve Motion. I use Home Assistant in a container on a mac mini host. At first I was using the integrated BT adapter which was working fine but I also bought an usb adapter with an usb cable extender to position the BT adapter more centre inside my house.
As discussed above not all Eve devices are able to pair but it’s a work in progress. Check the logs from Home Assistant when you pair. You should see some errors when you try to pair.

unfortunately I am not able to add it. It’s not showing up. Was wondering how I could make it show up.

switched the bluetooth to my test environment and was able to add the motor.

Nice to see it is working directly with Home Assistant with just a bluetooth dongle.

If you are looking for these kind of blinds, I got them here :

https://smartblinds.com/

1 Like

I’m super excited to be able to setup the Schlage Sense lock directly in Home Assistant now but I too am wondering about how to configure user codes and the other options like enable/disable 1-touch locking.

It seems that once the lock is setup with the Homekit controller, these can no longer be configured anywhere. I even tried configuring them manually but I’m not having any luck getting the programming code to work once paired.

Would be great if it could connect to the Schlage app as @zadigre mentioned in the same way that it does when doing the HomeKit setup from the Schlage app, but I would also take being able to configure the settings via Home Assistant or manually. If anyone else has had any luck with this I’d love to hear how you did it.

Big thanks to @bdraco for your work on this!

There is a Lock Control point characteristic on the lock. Unfortunately its vendor specific so we have no idea how to add/remove users and codes to/from it

Devices show up. Got pairing working.

Fantastic work! Was is the mtu value?

Regarding the vendor specific characteristics, is there a bluetooth sniffer that I can use to capture the homekit communication when using the vendor specific apps?
I remember for Eve devices there was a module for Home bridge called fakeeve that simulated the logged data for Eve app.

Thank you!

Like @Jc2k wrote, great stuff!! :wink:
Thanks for your hard work on this!

Should work once this is released in 2022.8.5

2 Likes

@Chris_Quach , did you find a way to add codes to the lock when connected to HA?
for some reason, my lock lost all codes but was still paired to HA.
I’m under the impression I’ll have to repair with HomeKit, add my codes, remove from HomeKit and repair with HA… and even with that, it looses codes after that.
(started a new thread about this here Schlage sense with 2022.8.3)

I believe the only way to add lock codes is to have the lock paired with the original HomeKit, and then use the Schlage app.

I’ve tried manually adding codes via the programming function but it seems that only works if the lock isn’t paired with HomeKit - or in this case HA (HomeKit emulator).

The two pre programmed user codes are also disabled when the lock is paired with HomeKit.

Unfortunately haven’t found any other way unless it’s paired with original HomeKit .

lets see now if the Eve app can downloaded the Eve Room data when paired…
if this works fine, I don’t see why Schlage wouldn’t allow any communication between their app and the lock even if not connected directly to HomeKit.

2022.8.5 is on the way out the door now

1 Like

HA 2022.8.5 Eve Room attempt. Still the same error.

https://controlc.com/646a8154

HA 2022.8.5 Eve Weather attempt. This one throws another error when prompted for pin.

https://controlc.com/3c18965f

Looking through logs I’ve noticed hci1 and hci0. Is it a hardcoded message for hci0?

2022-08-16 07:16:57.355 DEBUG (MainThread) [bleak.backends.bluezdbus.client] _cleanup_all(/org/bluez/hci1/dev_D8_04_6F_5C_55_5A)
2022-08-16 07:16:57.355 DEBUG (MainThread) [bleak.backends.bluezdbus.client] already disconnected (/org/bluez/hci1/dev_D8_04_6F_5C_55_5A)
2022-08-16 07:16:57.355 DEBUG (MainThread) [bleak.backends.bluezdbus.client] Connecting to device @ D8:04:6F:5C:55:5A with hci0