2020.12: Automate with Blueprints!

I didnt notice that was a link pointing to the languages, thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have never asked for a v1 of the product. I would rather see a stable release where updates only fixed bugs and security issues.

Then is another release (unstable) has additional features I can make a valid decision to upgrade or not.

2 Likes

Great release. Iā€™m extremely excited about Blueprints, I think people are going to make some really cool stuff with them. Thereā€™s lots of potential there.

Special thanks to @postlund who has spent the last year completely rewriting the Apple TV integration after the protocol got changed by Apple. It was a massive undertaking by him and the overhauled integration is super polished - well done!

3 Likes

Ahhh think I see my problem. Now just need to figure out how to tell it to use the public FQDN instead of the internal network FQDN.

Failed to cast media http://hassio.network.local:8123/api/tts_proxy/ece8986accb44ed4846dae31b41160e5a7e21236_en-us_a9c18110b0_cloud.mp3 from internal_url (http://hassio.network.local:8123). Please make sure the URL is: Reachable from the cast device and either a publicly resolvable hostname or an IP address

Also, why would it be using the internal_url instead of the external_url when the error even says ā€œeither a publicly resolvable hostname or IP addressā€?

Anyways, for now I have it fixed by changing my internal_url to match my external_url. Either way the external FQDN is reachable from internal and external.

one small impact to the new # scheme-- my lovelace UX bubble used to fit and show the ver quickly but now its too big :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Wow, I just realised, the new release numbering scheme is the same numbering scheme used for supervisor. That is mighty confusing.

I think I removed and added back. The sensor has changed so check dev-tools for new sensor too.

Did you read the breaking changes?

ā€œCertificate Expiry In order to optimize stability and performance of Home Assistant, time based sensors should use only absolute time values (store the date of the event) and not relative time values (seconds from event), so the value doesnā€™t change each second. The Certificate Expiry integration has both of them, so to adhere to Home Assistant architectural design rules, the offending relative time sensor is now removed. If your configuration was based on the relative time sensor, please switch to the other one. (@chemelli74 - #42338) (cert_expiry docs)ā€

Hi

Yes did read them but didnt put 2 and 2 together but all OK now.

I must be blind, I can not see how to get Blueprints tab to show in the Configuration tab, with Automation, Script, Scenes etc, as stated.

Use it via the UI

To configure it via the UI, go to Configuration and then Blueprints . Find the ā€œMotion Light Tutorialā€ blueprint and click on ā€œCreate Automationā€."

Iā€™m sure Iā€™m missing something super obvious.

Itā€™s there for me, I havenā€™t had to change anythingā€¦

Although now you mention it, scripts has disappeared for me, although I donā€™t use that so Iā€™m not bothered.

Weird.

Iā€™ve added blueprint: to configuration.yaml, rebooted. Still nothing.

edit: removed blueprint: from configuration.yaml, rebooted, and now it is showing. Must have been a cache issue :man_shrugging:

1 Like

The new version numbering is definitely a smart move, just wondering why HAOS hasnā€™t adopted the same format?

Canā€™t wait to try out the new featuresā€¦ stuck at work until 25th :frowning_face:

2 Likes

ā€œā€¦stuck in work until 25thā€ - are you Father Christmasā€¦? :wink:

9 Likes

I got a ā€œthere is a new frontend availableā€ shortly after upgrading, perhaps it is in the new frontend.

1 Like

I reset the area on a few entities but the entries are still in the same place. The area is updated under the new advance part, however in the related tab it still says the old location. Any ideas?

It would be too many similar versions, basically. This could change going forward.

Not sure if it was broken before, but I canā€™t add rpi power anymore (using ui). Also, adding hdmi_cec settings to configuration.yaml cause an endless restart of Home Assistant. Iā€™m using a raspberry Pi4 and home Assistant os (new, 64bits!).

Iā€™ve had my automations with templates no longer work. And lovelace_gen no longer works.

Blueprints make sense to replace automations with templates, but I didnā€™t realize templates were being dropped.

lovelace_gen is indispensable IMO.

They arenā€™t.