2021.10.0: Z-Wave S2 support, Tuya, secure ESPHome and 400 new icons

i found i had to delete tuya v2 to get it to work with the error below

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/tuya/__init__.py", line 6, in <module>
home-assistant   |     from tuya_iot import (
home-assistant   | ImportError: cannot import name 'AuthType' from 'tuya_iot' (/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/tuya_iot/__init__.py)

also i found the new tuya doesnā€™t support temp/humidity sensorsā€¦

donā€™t think I follow what youā€™re saying here, but my source is in kW is a power sensor and measurement.
kW is not the same as Wh.

Z-wave of IP will not work anymore. Used RPi3 with WS-server.
In HA there is this error on Z-Wave JS module:
ā€œRetrying setup: Z-Wave JS Server version is incompatible: 1.10.3 a version is required that supports at least api schema 10ā€

Rollback to 2010.9 works.

Thanks for the reply.
I just started with this and this value comes from a reed contact attached to a ESP8266 (Wemos D1 Mini) device used to count the gas consumption right at the meter. So all values come are automatically created from ESPhome integrating this sensor. Is there any way to do this from the ESPhome part? Sorry if this might be a dumb question but as mentioned, I just started with this and that was my first attempt to create somethingā€¦ :wink:

Open a new thread in the esphome section and post your esphome yaml.

1 Like

Thanks for the great work, amazing as always.

Still looking forward to migrate from Legacy Z-wave integration to Z-Wave JSā€¦but as long no proper handling of cover move order + feedback, it is a no-go for me.
If anyone can help or has any ideas how to workaround this, you can check this thread:

Hello @frenck,
I have a question about the new netgear integration.
How is the security of the username/password in the netgear integration, because in the past you had to save that in the secrets.yaml file?

I fully support the HA teamā€™s work to bring vendors closer to the great work they are doing and their efforts with the Tuya integration.

I for one however, having gone through the new integration and associated sign up have decided its time to pull the plug on the few devices I have left on this platform. I donā€™t see how Tuya expect this would work for a mass market (or indeed they donā€™t want it to) but things should be getting smarter and easier ā€“ I see this as acknowledgement by them that projects like Home Assistant could be a threat but not enough of a threat for them to fully come on board with the ethos and aims, rather keep them close enough to watch. I maybe wrong and happy to stand corrected in time but currently there are better solutions for my needs.

3 Likes

My RPi4 CPU usage went from 6-8% to 35-40% after upgrading to 2010.10.0. Is this a known issue and is there any way I could help debug it?
Screenshot 2021-10-07 at 09.31.56

Turned out it was Zigbee2Mqtt addon going crazy for some reason. When I restarted it things went back to normal. I wonder why it reacted this way to updating Core.
Screenshot 2021-10-07 at 09.44.46

Source: components/tuya/__init__.py:95
Integration: Tuya (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 4:13:52 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 4:13:52 AM

Tuya login error response: {'code': 2007, 'msg': 'your ip(71.255.105.xx) cross-region access is not allowed', 'success': False, 't': 1633594432043}

Dang it! I thought I folllowed the directions (which were really nuts!)

1 Like

Go ask tuya.

I saw that too. A second restart solved it for me too (Iā€™m also using Zigbee2MQTT).

Iā€™m using home assistant core and Z2M with npm (no addon). My CPU load is very high, my only solution was a rollback to 2021.09.7

Did you try restarting Z2M?

I deleted all integrations and started from a clean db. I restarted every single service. I restarted the raspberry, no change unfortunately

Nanoleaf integration stop working after upgrade to new Tuya integration.

Updated my HA to 2021.10 and the Tuya integration stopped working, as expected. Everything else was good. Uninstalled the old Tuya, made reboot and installed the new Tuya integration, got through the setup and it workes perfectly.
After a second reboot, just to be sure my HA can reboot after the change, the Nanoleaf integration never starts. This have been working with no error since it was UI enabled some time ago. I get the error

Logger: homeassistant.bootstrap
Source: bootstrap.py:413
First occurred: 11:19:38 AM (9 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:27:39 AM
Waiting on integrations to complete setup: nanoleaf

Anybody else have seen anything like this. Any ideas?

I have not deleted/re-installed the nanoleaf integration yet, will try this evening unless some other solution.

EDIT: After deleting 1 of the Nanoleaf devices, the one mentioned in the logs, the rest of the nanoleaf devices now work. Also the Tuya works.

The error must be related to something else.

I dont have the tuya integration, but the Nanoleaf integration is working fine here after the upgrade
As its not tuya based not sure how tuya could affect it

After upgrading to 2021.10.0, some of my ESPHome based lights and sensors have duplicated entities with _2ā€™s appended. Iā€™m integrating them using the HA API and not MQTT.

Also, my GUI configured TP-Link HS220 now has a duplicated _2 entity.

Iā€™ll try to dig further and share my logs. The _2ā€™s happened upon installing the update.
Most of my automations have broken as a result.
Iā€™m on Home Assistant OS 6.4, supervisor-2021.09.6 and core-2021.10.0.

@frenck Iā€™m running HASS from a python env and i updated each time a new update came out however today i cannot update 2021.10.0.

i get this after running python3 -m pip install --upgrade homeassistant in the correct container:

error: can't find Rust compiler

If you are using an outdated pip version, it is possible a prebuilt wheel is available for this package but pip is not able to install from it. Installing from the wheel would avoid the need for a Rust compiler.

To update pip, run:

pip install --upgrade pip

and then retry package installation.

If you did intend to build this package from source, try installing a Rust compiler from your system package manager and ensure it is on the PATH during installation. Alternatively, rustup (available at https://rustup.rs) is the recommended way to download and update the Rust compiler toolchain.

This package requires Rust >=1.41.0.
  ----------------------------------------
  ERROR: Failed building wheel for cryptography
Failed to build cryptography
ERROR: Could not build wheels for cryptography which use PEP 517 and cannot be installed directly

i cannot update pip because HASS requires an old one. full log here

1 Like