2021.10.0: Z-Wave S2 support, Tuya, secure ESPHome and 400 new icons

Same here. I’ve created an issue.

With the 2021.10.0, only 5 of my 28 TP-Link Kasa HS105 & HS200 devices can be connected. The HS110’s are all found.

I’m reverting back to 2021.9.7 until this can be resolved.

1 Like

I doubt that there will ever be an official local API to Tuya.

Selling cheap hardware and a cloud service for free is just not sustainable. They are not Amazon or Google, they will need to make money.
I guess spending programming resources to Home Assistant just helps them to get more devices in the market and at some point they will charge for the cloud service in form of subscriptions or quotas.

If they are kind, it would only affect heavy users, but for the moment it is probably better to stay cautious and not buy any more devices.

Weird that Tuya V2 custom component was the beta for what is now in core, yet the two of them are incompatible “and HA does not support custom components.”

So moving on from helping with the beta by installing Tuya V2, people are faced with a sudden need to disable V2, and the devs disavowing all responsibility for the beta being incompatible.

Wow.

I can see how you add the IP of a new device, however how do you edit the IP of an existing device?

The silence is deafening.

It seems as though the naming should be have been updated/changed to reflect the difference to avoid confusion.

If they had the time to go on a live stream and bang on about all the hard work they’ve been doing and how great the new integration is, they have time to be on the forums and helping resolve problems.

Not a single Tuya Dev has responded to anyone in this thread. The Tuya devs knew exactly when this was going live and should have expected problems, yet have provided no support or at the very least a “sorry, we are working on some fixes”.

I would have thought that if HA was going to allow an external company to write and maintain a new integration, they would also expect a certain level of support be provided by that company to users and for that integration to support the same number of devices that the replaced integration supported.

Poor form.

4 Likes

Agreed the silence is deafening.

Hopefully they are aware and are working like crazy to fix it before saying anything.

More likely though is they got what they want and are laughing themselves silly.

Here hoping for the former and fearing it’s likely the later.

1 Like

The Tuya/HA integration Dev/support office after shipping in 2021.10

ezgif-3-f1be215cb83b

7 Likes

Hi
Energy dashboard now allows you to select gas as kWh, but when you go to select a static price for monitoring cost. It asks you for the m3 price per unit.
Is this correct?
Surely we should be able to put the price per kWh.

That will solve it yes. I see every major HA update may demand updated WS-server. I have now moved to MQTT instead for Zwave-over-IP. Will this be more redundant with regard to HA-updates?

I think you are referring to zwave_js over MQTT. MQTT as a platform won’t change, so it won’t change as often as the websocket integration. But I don’t understand why updating the server is too much to ask for? The zwave-js and HA integration are moving quickly from release to release, I don’t think it’s a lot to ask for to be on the latest version for each HA update. You certainly won’t get all of the benefits from the integration if you are using MQTT to control your devices

Ok, I then understand it that WS-server approach is “better” than MQTT and should be the preferred way of using Zwavejs2MQTT from an external RPi3.
No, it is not a lot to ask for updating the docker conatiner etc, I just did not know until reading this thread.

1 Like

Strange then, I added all again, and now they are reporting device_class: power instead of energy

Got only 2 weird issues:

1. Some lights ( Z2M) are not showing the status icon in a correct way. Off it shows the blue icon, when on yellow is expected but there is no icon at all.

2. Most weird issue! The entity person.name is looking good when looking in the developertools, but when using it with a badge in lovelace it shows a moustache and a dot ( on the nose) Really I’m not joking!
    ( I know what this is…it’s the person icon showing over the avatar) ( maybe because i’m using a png??)

What devices are you talking about.

Some Shelly devices have entities that are disabled by default.

For heavens sake give us more info!

Even with the 2010.10.1 version, the CPU usage problem remains. I set the logger to debug, but nothing abnormal emerges. The home assistant executable takes up 100% of one of my raspberry’s 4 cores and I can’t find any way to investigate further.ha_high_cpu_usage2

The total consumption entities (measured in kWh), before 2021.10.0 they were energy class entities.
Now I added all Shellies from scratch, and I noticed that now they are power class devices, so I had to customize them to energy class in order to be visible by energy dashboard.
Maybe Im missing something…

You’re giving NO useful data.

Before 2021.10.0:
Entity: sensor.shelly_shem_XXXXXX_total_consumption
unit_of_measurement: kWh
device_class: energy

That is visible in Energy Dashboard

After 2021.10.0:
Entity: sensor.shelly_shem_XXXXXX_total_consumption
unit_of_measurement: kWh
device_class: power

That is NOT visible in Energy Dashboard
This is all I was saying.

I asked what devices you were using?

I have this as well, but since 2021.9 I think. . I assume you are using white theme ? The icon is showing the colour of the bulb, ie cold white. If you change it to warmer, or a colour, it shows up. I think there was an issue on GitHub.

1 Like