2021.10.0: Z-Wave S2 support, Tuya, secure ESPHome and 400 new icons

Do you happen to know if this will be there for openzwave beta also?

1 Like

According to the roadmap, there are not enough of us :sob:

1 Like

Ozw that he’s referring to in his post is the beta.

Edit: and you can see ozw wizard is crossed off. So at this time there are no plans for an ozw beta migration tool.

This Tuya stuff is really confusing and the notes are unclear as they don’t cover all possibilities.
According to this post by Frenck on the Tuya “Official” HA integration BETA thread (my quotes) you can have Tuya V2 and the new Official HA Tuya v2 integration both co-existing.

This should mean that if you have the HA old integration and the HACS tuya v2 integration installed, like me, then you should be able to upgrade to 2021.10.0 after deleting the old HA integration and it should still work without using the new core integration. I haven’t been brave enough to try it yet though!
This doesn’t solve any of the cover problems or unsupoorted device issues though :frowning:

You need to update to the latest version of the addon or docker container if you are using zwavejs2mqtt. WS are still supported, and the message clearly says that the version you are on is not compatible… We are on zwave-js-server 1.10.7 everywhere.

Hello,

I have noticed that now Shelly devices are not reporting energy class entities and to add them to the energy dashboard, they need to be customized, did anyone have the same issue?

Yeah Tuya v2 and Tuya should theoretically be able to both exist, but apparently there is some point of conflict with that error message ImportError: cannot import name 'AuthType' from 'tuya_iot' (/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/tuya_iot/__init__.py) Wild guess they both use tuya_iot and there is no guide yet how to upgrade that without deleting Tuya v2.

Yes, I saw that.

So there is a difference of opinion between Ludeeus and Frenck on this.
Reading this blog it appears that Frenck is incorrect :frowning:
I was hoping to just ignore the new HA tuya integration as I don’t have covers or energy monitoring smart plugs !!

1 Like

I was unable to add my lock (BE469ZP) with the new S2 security – it just resulted in a generic node with no security/functionality

Yes they are.

Whereas I think the fact that a company recognises that HA / open source is a player in this market and are willing to set up and officially support an integration is great news.

I just think it’s not working well enough to be merged into core yet, the week’s outage shows that cloud-based integration is an inferior way to go, and we should be pressing for local control to avoid broken smart homes as happened this week.

Just remember that Tuya could choose to turn off the APIs tomorrow, rather than maintain an integration, the way that other companies seem bent on doing.

Echoing others disappointment in the new Tuya integration. Fortunately, I only have one Tuya device, but this wouldn’t work properly in the new integration because you can’t set a scaling factor. I’ve gone back to the old tuya integration using the https://github.com/andrey-yantsen/home-assistant-tuya-old add-in and all is well again, but it’s really disappointing that this release was made with such a bad breaking change.

1 Like

Wait, so the new “Tuya” is “Tuya v2”?

What’s the difference then between the old “Tuya v2” (beta thing, we had until yesterday) and the new “Tuya v2” (now called “Tuya” as official integration)? If they ported it, the difference should be 0, I guess, except if old “Tuya v2” is an old branch and the new one has a few more updates. :man_shrugging:

Looks like the MSSQL fix just got merged and will likely make it into .1 Thanks all.

Now, back to the Tuya discussion…

1 Like

Where is this support?

1 Like

That’s a good point, but I’m prepared to give them more than 4 days.

Exactly, not one Tuya dev has popped up to try and help people.
People logging issues on the HA github have them closed off as soon as they mention they had the old other v2 integration as its a custom integration. These peopleas were many were under the impression the v2 there is what was in the core.
The other tuya v2 in HACS seems to have been left to die by Tuya
Sorry but these people have been abandoned by the Tuya devs and HA is copping the flak for it

5 Likes

Indeed, its totalt broken.

Come on, this is a major change in Tuya integration and no sign of any support.

I know this treatment of customers may be acceptable in commercial circles (ever tried to get MS to help you with windows?) but it is not what we expect around here.

FFS we even have tuya devs asking for community support to add tuya devices to HA. WTF? Surely they shouldn’t need help to port their own damned devices.

2 Likes

I did test it and no they do not play nice together.

Although for that matter the new tuya doesn’t really work worth a damn yet with HA.

You need to remove the old before updating and you can install the new and re-add everything fine for the most part.
That’s where the good news ends because once you add it to the dashboard it doesn’t work and the enties states remain at the state they were added and never update.
How the hell something this big made it through is beyond me as it impossible to miss.

The new tplink app behaves better then the new tuya but it doesnt fix what it says it does lol.