2021.10.0: Z-Wave S2 support, Tuya, secure ESPHome and 400 new icons

Answering my own question: when the change was made these measurements stopped having a unit and so they started being inserted into InfluxDB with a different measurement name (in my case it is configured to be ā€œstateā€ by default).

Iā€™ll leave this here in case it helps anyone else.

Ah, thanks for that. Perhaps that example could be added to the documentation?

No, the icons were changed/consolidated on purpose beginning of September, see my comment in the frontend ticket.

1 Like

Are there any ways to get the advanced z-wave include modes? All I get get is this spinning wheel and none of my locks get included (theyā€™re S0 only). Iā€™ve done Oā€™ so many reboots and power-offs, and even tried to downgrade to each .10 beta version backups.

Anyone else having trouble using the icon mdi:ceiling-light-multiple ?

Yes and many more.

Clear your browser cache, then they should start working again.

Some of these entities are no longer valid, ie: burglar, sourcenodeid, alarm_type, and alarm_level

Most of those are now sent over as events per the zwave spec.

As for your temp, lux, etc sensors, those will likely just need a quick rename and thatā€™s not that big of a deal.

How many entities?

Renaming them in HA is quite easy, Iā€™d just copy that list and paste it into a notepad screen and rename them after import.

In total something like 40 or 50 (as each one has several entities : for instance for an electricity plug, you have power, switch on, ā€¦)
What Iā€™m afraid of is that nothing will be created and Iā€™ll have to add devices by hand once again or something like thatā€¦

No the switch entities will be created, my Zooz power strip has all the outlet switches.

Only thing you wonā€™t have are those alarm_level, alarm_type, and burglar entities. The alarm stuff emit as notices, but your burglar will likely show up as a tamper alarm.

At most youā€™ll just have to rename some entities/devices, keep in mind that if you rename the device, it will rename the child entities for you as well, which will also lower the time youā€™d use to rename specific entities as well.

thanks for the input, I may just find the courage to make the jump :slight_smile:

The speed up of the whole thing should motivate you as well, all my zwave gear responds nearly instantly compared to previously having use the old zwave integration.

Wellā€¦I donā€™t need most of those entities, itā€™s only the actual motion sensor on the PIR devices that I need. However, I also have the Remotec 8-button remotes and I tried sorting it out with one of them last night, the one called Node 7. I renamed it to what I had it before, but my automations using it no longer worked. They work by what I assume to be the standard zwave scene trigger, which has parameters of the node ID, the event of a button press, and which button was pressed, as in the screenshot below. But this is no longer working. I have no idea what I need to do to get it working. Renaming the device was a red herring really as this automation doesnā€™t refer to the name. Iā€™ve restored the config now and will probably try again when Zwave JS has better support for devices and the migration actually works, or at least tells you what you need to do.

scenetrigger

Youā€™re automating off the wrong information, check the docs. You need to use the zwave_js_value_notification event.

Go to Dev Tools ā†’ Events and enter zwave_js_value_notification into the ā€œListen to eventsā€ input, and hit ā€œStart Listeningā€ then hit some buttons on the remote.

You can then adjust your automations based off the data provided.

Thank you, got my dimmer switch back - as a switch only but at least Iā€™m now not worse off than I was before :wink:

1 Like

So, I am running legacy zwave and just tried to use the migration wizardā€¦ I first get an error that a handful of battery devices need to be awoken before proceeding (despite me triggering them manually and watching status changes in the HA interface, I continue to get the error)ā€¦

I decided to try proceeding anyway, then the zwave JS integration step asks me for an S0 Key, an S2 Control Key, an S2 Authenticated Key, and an S2 Unauthenticated Keyā€¦ I assume the S0 Key is just my old network key, but what are the other 3? Do I just generate them like how I generated the S0 key or is there more complexity for these ones? I canā€™t seem to find any details about them.

Not knowing exactly what Iā€™m doing hereā€¦ I decided to just enter my old network key as the S0 key and I generated 3 new keys for the S2 keysā€¦ as I proceed, all my nodes are shown as discovered, but they no longer appear to have any data attachedā€¦ HA just shows ā€œNode 0, Node 1, Node 2, etcā€¦ā€ with none of the custom names I have set. Is this all going to be wiped? Shouldnā€™t the wizard handle moving my custom naming and data?

Lastly, I am at the migration step and HA gives me this warning: ā€œNot all entities can be migrated!
The following entities will not be migrated and might need manual adjustments to your configā€ā€¦

It then shows a list of literally every single zwave device I haveā€¦ so HA is telling me it canā€™t migrate anything for me and Iā€™ll have to manually handle all of these devicesā€¦ so whatā€™s the point of the migration wizard?

What am I missing here if the migration process isnā€™t going to actually migrate anything for me?

1 Like

I just updated from 2021.9.5 to 2021.10.4 and now I can not access any of my lovelace dashboards, nor the settings dashboard. I get a JS error in the console

Uncaught (in promise) ChunkLoadError: Loading chunk 12545 failed.
(error: http://XXX:8123/frontend_latest/484f044e.js)

When I try to open the file directly, FF says ā€œcontent encoding error ā†’ file is using an unknown compressionā€. Anybody any idea? Same issue in Chrome, so itā€™s not a FF related bug. I basically canā€™t do anything via the frontend now, even in the few pages that still load because of dependency loading issues of the same type.

Anybody any idea? I asked on discord already, but besides of ā€œask in a different channelā€ I did not get any reply so far and I am out of ideas. I restarted everything already, HAOS is up2date, nothing fixes it.

For some reason after Release 2021.10.3 it slowed my HA down to a crawl. I could not configure anything since it would either freeze or just take a very long time to react. If I went to Integration it would take forever to configure something. I restored back down to the version 2021.10.2 and it all started working again. I did another upgrade and same thing dog slow. I am using HA on a stand alone NUC i7 with 16Gbs mem, and a 200Gb SSD. I installed the HA OS directly on to the system to run the core HA component. I am using very little SSD space and barely any of the memory. Not sure why the release is doing that but I figured I better let someone know.

Update: After backing down to last release and then reinstalling the current one it fixed the slow response. The first install must have loaded wrong. So seems it is all good now.

Iā€™m having similar z-wave migration issue. The migration wizard aborts saying the add-on didnā€™t start (but it is running when I go check it myself). When this happens, I end up with both integrations when I go to configuration>integrations. If I go into the original integration and start the wizard again, it gets further, but it shows me a long list of every entity and says they wonā€™t be migrated. There are no other lists of what will be migrated, so it just feels like a big fail. I have tried it 5 times and every time itā€™s exactly the same behavior. I reverted to my backup and will have to stay on the legacy z-wave until this gets figured out. I have nearly 100 devices, so Iā€™m really wanting to avoid re-doing everything from scratch.