2021.10.0: Z-Wave S2 support, Tuya, secure ESPHome and 400 new icons

Nevermind, signed up for a new trial and Iā€™ve gotten further.

Now they should show up correctly as color bulbs, without any additional work.

@frenck it seems that the wizard is not available in case of Docker Container installation? At least I donā€™t see anything like that during / after adding the Z-Wave.js integrationā€¦

UPDATE: Ok, Iā€™ve found it - it is on the old integration config page.

Iā€™d be interested in that too. The HACS beta (now removed from my rig) showed power for my switches but the new official integration doesnā€™t show any power attributes. Mind you, the version in HACS wsnā€™t all that reliable, but getting power values through would be a real bonus.

1 Like

It is mentioned that TP-Link Kasa got support for more devices, but after updating my dimmers (HS220) which worked previously are no longer picked up. Reverting to 2021.9.7 fixes it

1 Like

Why was discovery_info removed completely and what are we supposed to use instead? I was using this route in Home Slide to automatically configure the local and remote URLs already setup in HASS, so this is quite an issue.

I hope the unit for the Gas sensor is M2 instead of kWh, as stated in the starting post.

Canā€™t seem to use a kWh gas sensor as a source for the energy dashboard as suggested in the release notes

Please create an issue at Sign in to GitHub Ā· GitHub and try to fill as many details as possible, thanks!

TP Link UI based setup/config:
Will the new UI based setup allow us to manually specify ip addresses of TPLink devices that are on a different subnet from HA (like we could do previously via the config yaml?

Yes, you can add devices one by one using their IP addresses. Also, the discovery also now works on multi-homed setups if you have configured homeassistant to use the additional networks (Network Configuration - Home Assistant).

2 Likes

Same here. Some HS200 and HS220 are unable to connect.

on the new dev tools Statistics:

I have a set of sensors in kW, and they really are kW, and should be kWā€¦ still the Statistics page says:

The unit of the statistics in your database for this entity is not a supported unit for the device class of the entity, power. It should be W.

which is incorrect. So I dont want to:

Do you want to update the unit of the history statistics to W?

anyone else using these sensors, and seeing the erroneous error?

Secondly: I see a whole bunch of entities with the This entity is excluded from being recorded.issue, but why, I mean I dont want to record them, and theyā€™re not used in the energy dashboard at all? So why bother?

So odd I didnā€™t see this during the beta, because weā€™ve been at it for a weekā€¦

isnt it just being informative, whats the issue. be damned if they dont explain, be damned if they do. seems a trivial issue

Latest Z-waveJS stopped working. Will not startā€¦
Restored back to latest snapshot.

That was really useful to me as well and I am really missing it.

hmm, I dont get it yet. it was caused by the fact I had device_class: power on these sensors:

unit_of_measurement: kW
      value_template: >
        {{value|round(2)}}
#      device_class: power
      state_class: measurement

wasnt that the correct combination? must have missed that. All my W sensors have that combination too and are fine. Must be a bug after all then.
filed it: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/57203

Because of this issue:

And Balloob said this about discovery:

it wasnā€™t ignorable
people hated it
so we moved away to use SSDP / zeroconf / dhcp as standalone discovery integrations and they trigger discovered config flow
discovery is old and should be removed really

https://discord.com/channels/330944238910963714/427516175237382144/895161708635627560

Get the URLs by fetching the config https://developers.home-assistant.io/docs/api/websocket#fetching-config

2 Likes

Could anyone find an easy way to see which icons have been changed/added: 2021.10.0: Z-Wave S2 support, Tuya, secure ESPHome and 400 new icons - Home Assistant
Great as their icons are, I find it practically impossible to find that kind of infoā€¦ version 6, but, where to find that

1 Like