2021.10.0: Z-Wave S2 support, Tuya, secure ESPHome and 400 new icons

Question. Why doesn’t the new TUYA api support Covers. The old one did. Did the code just get missed in the new intergration??? I now have entities missing because the “Covers” (Curtains and Garage Roller) No longer exist.

Okay, so it’s at least a few of us affected.

Is this worthy enough to be reported as an issue? I guess it’s not that widespread because isn’t everyone else checking network traffic constantly like I am? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you tried this? Z-Wave JS - Home Assistant

Mine worked after re-formating the key as described there.

Exactly.

It seems odd to me that the HA devs have actively invited Tuya to develop and maintain a cloud solution when the entire point of HA is to not be cloud based. I would have thought they would have insisted on a local solution before releasing. :man_shrugging:

11 Likes

While i agree that the Tuya integration goes against the principles of HA. The problem is as long as the integration meets the development spec it can be included like other integrations, otherwise we would have a lot of integrations that are cloud based not included by default because there is no local solution (which probably isnt a bad idea).

1 Like

Before upgrade I could see 11 tuya devices. After upgrade lost all tuya devices, then re-configures tuya integration and now
 only 4 devices are available to control.

This is the worst upgrade ever!

I’m using tuya local which has always worked well,hopefully will continue once I upgrade.

Certainly worth a look if you don’t want to use the cloud api.

2 Likes

I agree. The shear quantity of Tuya devices available worldwide is massive and now that they have an official integration, why would they even bother to then allow full local control? They have already won by getting HA users to connect to their cloud.

4 Likes

I don’t disagree with that, but being that there is a current working solution, I would have thought they would hold off until a local integration was available. Seems a little pointless to move from a cloud integration to a cloud integration.

100%

If I can spin up a VM and extract my local keys and use Local Tuya, surely the actual devs from Tuya could provide local support at the drop of a hat.

Oh defo, the new integration doesn’t even have parity with what it replaced judging by the comments in this thread and elsewhere

I think the old integration uses the old API which tuya plans to turn off

the zwave js addon (using zwavejstomqtt) when trying to add a s2 device hangs till gives error and registers a broken node. took me like 2 hours to set a aeotec siren 6. The siren went through after a while but the August smart lock pro keeps failing when trying to add it as S2. addon says its using 32% of the processor

The new tuya intergration does work but lacks quite abit.

You can turn a entity off but it still shows as on.

With grid cards it works once and then refuses to work afterwards.

Anyone else seeing this?

It seems to avoid issue with the new tuya it best to delete the old intergrations before updating to avoid errors.

The new tplink does seem to work fine although resetting the router/wireless maybe needed for some devices to show depending on your setup.

when i try to toggle off a tuya table lamp says failed to call service.

I am not seeing a error but in home assistant when i turn a tuya device off it does respond.

Home assistant though keeps saying it’s on and to turn the device back on i need to quickly click it off and on again before home assistant can stay it still on.

Weird behaviour and iam not sure if it’s home or tuya that’s the cause.

routines and nod red functions seem to be fine though once the devices are updated to the new names.

What’s the impact of upgrading if I use the existing Tuya integration to manage covers?

Does the new Tuya integration (which doesn’t yet support covers) replace my existing Tuya config? Thus breaking my covers?

Or does the legacy Tuya integration continue working unless you choose to migrate to the new one?

Struggled with the upgrade. Tuya previously worked fine with 4 switches. After the upgrade it found 2 of those and added one that clearly wasn’t supported earlier (this is one positive - it is a type I want support on). One of the switches it didn’t find is identical to the one it found - no clue as to the difference. All devices, including the missing, came up successfully in the Tuya IoT cloud ‘all devices’ and can be controlled successfully in the Tuya app. Tried uninstalling/installing the Tuya integration a number of times with the same results. Thankfully I have docker and could fall back. I’ll try again in a month or two unless someone has an idea of what the issue is.

Has anybody tried yet, if the new Tuya Integration properly discovers the Gosund Dimmer Light Switch (SW2) with firmware version 1.0.4 as lights as it did with firmware version 1.0.3?
Or does it still see it as a switch so it cannot be dimmed from Home-Assistant?

It’s weird to see people complaining about the changes to the Tuya integration.

It’s the 11th most used integration in HA, the older version was classified as cloud polling and the delay between each device update was over 5 minutes and it’ll be turned off with the year’s end.

What was supposed to happen, let it die and leave over 11k users without any support?

So we got a new API, it’s based on cloud push, the delay is way lower, the new Github is quite active with new devices being added (sensors, vacuums) and the local control is “on the table”. So, give or take some migrations bumps, it’ll end up better for HA users.

3 Likes

This is in the blog above.

Promises swamishes. Never rely on the promise of future software features!

5 Likes