2021.10.6 - NFC Read Tag fails with "Missing Required Entitlement"

I’m using companion app version 2021.10.6 on an iPhone 11 wth iOS 15.0.2 and getting “Missing Required Entitlement” when trying to scan an NFC card. I’m able to scan the same card using automations in Siri shortcuts. Is this an iOS 15 issue or am I missing something?

Is this the app from the App Store? This sounds almost like a corrupt installation. Does deleting it and reinstalling work?

Thanks for the suggestion @zacwest but deleting and re-installing the app has made no difference.

I’m really unsure how this error is happening. Can you try installing the latest TestFlight release?

Unfortunatley I don’t have a spare device to run the beta version on.

You can install the TestFlight release on top of the App Store one, and for the current betas reverting back to the current App Store build will work.

Testflight version installed - Sadly same issue. From your comments @zacwest I’m guessing this is not a known problem. Could it be an iPhone setting blocking it?

I have not seen this error before. The Home Assistant app includes an entitlement (basically a flag that says to the system that the app is allowed to do something) for NFC access, but this isn’t something that is stripped away; it’s part of the app bundle, and part of the code signature, so it’s very difficult to understand how this may be happening, especially if other NFC apps on the system work. I can’t think of any system setting which would cause this either.