2021.11: Icon picker, device links and entity categories

That is incorrect. That was a bug that has been fixed during beta. In the final release weather is classified as sensors.

Edit: Bug fix PR https://github.com/home-assistant/frontend/pull/10490

3 Likes

I think ViCare is missing in the ā€œBreaking Changesā€ section (or Iā€™m just blind).

No, you are not blind, that is my bad. I wrote it down even; as I had the comment during beta it was missing. Iā€™m adjusting that right away! Thanks for reporting :heart:

1 Like

That is a true spirit! You deserve some kudoā€™s for that!
I do not use any Tuya devices, but reading this is just so fine. :wink:

13 Likes

The icon pickerā€¦ So simple, yet such a brilliant addition! I was really missing this, thanks a lot for adding it in! This will be very convenient!

11 Likes

error python-miio 0.5.8 requires PyYAML<6,>=5, but you'll have pyyaml 6.0 which is incompatible during the update process.

a new release, a new issue. the 2021.10 release brought up the cryptography error now this.
is anyone testing these before the release?

Is there also a way to adjust/override the categorization? In case I use a smart plug to only measure its usage but donā€™t want to actually turn the device off for example?

1 Like

Damn, that list of all changes is looong. Amazing work again!

Yes, a lot of people do join the beta. Have you tried?

It doesnā€™t break btw. Been using the Xiaomi Miio myself as well.

1 Like

Not at this time.

i did a while back, f*ked up my install, had to restore from backup.

any fix for the
python-miio 0.5.8 requires PyYAML<6,>=5, but you'll have pyyaml 6.0 which is incompatible
error?

Itā€™s a warning, not an error.

3 Likes

you have to wait until ptyhon-miio updates to a new release for the warning to go away. Itā€™s a bug in python-miio (not home assistant) Itā€™s already fixed. You can track it here:

So, yes it was found in beta through testing :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks to all of you and especially thanks frenck for all that passion you put into this!! :heart:

3 Likes

@frenck didnā€™t look like a warning, should have been yellow like the pip one:

@petro thanks!

You can test it the week before, joining the beta :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If that bothers you, please file a bug report with pip, we donā€™t maintain that software.
Please, if it actually does cause issues, then please raise a bug report. There are quite a few maintainers active on that integration; if it breaks, Iā€™m sure itā€™s being looked at.

3 Likes

its about clarity to the end user. thanks for the responses

@petro today_at() is brilliant! I guess Iā€™ll be busy today simplifying dozens of templates so thanks eh? :crazy_face:

(Seriously, thank you!)

I couldnā€™t get this trigger to fire with now() without the replace(microsecond=0). Is this expected?

trigger:
    - platform: template
      value_template: >
        {{ now().replace(microsecond=0)
            == today_at(states('input_datetime.alarm_clock_manual_time')[0:5]) }}
1 Like

That should work

Edit: you need to replace seconds too if your alarm is HHMM