2021.11: Icon picker, device links and entity categories

Unexplainable magic happened overnight. I gave up yesterday and this morning the illumination sensors are back working again.

1 Like

Another great update guys!:tada::tada::tada:
Icon picker was a must. Great to see it was added.
How about making HA even more user friendly and reworking the scene editor as described in this Feature Request thread? Improve Scene editor, allow scene edits without setting devices' states

Thanks for all the work!

you mean this feature in the release blog?
2021.11: Icon picker, device links and entity categories - Home Assistant (home-assistant.io)

Hi. Icon picker is very very good but it should be also add in customization menu… It is also needed.

2 Likes

No, you should try local tuya on HACS

For all of you with unsupported tuya devices, please open an issue on GitHub and provide the following information:

You can help us with this issue by providing some information about your device.

To do that, please follow the next steps:

• Login into Tuya Smart Developer Center
  • Go to the “Cloud” tab in the left menu bar
  • Click on the Project Name/Description that you are using for your Home Assistant instance.
  • Once on that page, click on the “Devices” tab.
  • Find this device in that list and click on the “Debug Device” link. A new window will open with information about the device.

From this debugger, we can get some information that can be useful. From the “Basic Information” tab, please provide:

• Product Name*
  • Product Category

Next, click on the “Device Debugging” tag. Once on that tab, you will find a small link called “JSON Editing”, click on that link. It will now show a text field called JSON_EDITOR with some code in it. It looks something like this:

Copy and share that code from that text field into this issue.

1 Like

What are you trying to do? You can disable the primary entity (the switch) and let the current sensor enabled. I have that working fine.

Hi All,
Great work again and the timing of de Sonos switches is perfect, cause I was just at the point of automating the led and touch options. This brings me to a small bug I think.

When I toggle the disabled configurations ‘Status Light’ and ‘Touch Controls’ the Sonos room/speaker becomes unavailable until I restart HA. After the restart all seems to work fine though.

Can anyone confirm this, cause if so, I’ll report the bug at github :+1:

I use a conditional card (see here) in my lovelace dashboard to flag when an update is available. I put it right at the top so I see the alert when a new release is available. The code for my card is

type: conditional
conditions:
  - entity: binary_sensor.updater
    state: 'on'
card:
  type: entity
  name: ' '
  entity: binary_sensor.updater

Note it takes a few hours from a new release being available to this flagging it up.

Upgrade and lost some of my template. Adding it manually will not add it back. Unsure what happen.

temporary uploading backup.

1 Like

Can someone help how home assistant can find my already added nest cam battery?

Anyone having trouble with Tuya login error “premission deny” ?

I was updating to 2021.11 everything went well, I had already half working Tuya integration from 2021.10.6 and after update my curtain was also added and the thermostats start to work, very promising, I like to thank Frenck for his work and time on this one.

But I had to remove the Octoprint from config yaml, since it was added to the core, so I did that and added both my printers, but I also had to remove couple custom sensors I made for old Octoprint config, but after removing and restarting HA, Tuya integration start to act, it had login error.

So I changed the Smartlife password, did not help, unlinked HA from Tuya IOT platform and made a new link through IOT and Smartlife app, but still error login “premission deny”.
I created a new cloud project and linked the app again with new Client ID and Client Secret and I have still same login error.

To be honest, I have no idea what happened, 5 minutes before there was no problem at all, and I did not change anything Tuya related before restart. It is definitely going wrong at Tuya’s end, but what it is… I have no clue

Here is what I get:

Logger: homeassistant.components.tuya
Source: components/tuya/__init__.py:99
Integration: Tuya (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 08:38:21 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 08:38:21

Tuya login error response: {'code': 1106, 'msg': 'permission deny', 'success': False, 't': 1636011501638}
2 Likes

link to the repo would be helpful

Issue with Media Control happened to me too.

Seems it doesn’t find anything.
On this page there should be my LG TV Media Control.
It disappeared along with all entities underneath it.

LG should get loaded trough Homekit Integration.
Seems it’s unavailable now.

Anyone knows howto fix this or if it’s a similar problem as shown with those vaccum cards?

Strange thing happened (twice) after the upgrade:
My binary_sensors have all disappeared (those configured via yaml) and it turned out that the dedicated yaml file (through include binary_sensor: !include binary_sensor.yaml) was empty. It is a mix of template, command_line and rest integrations. Good that I have daily backups so restoring was simple.
But how come this could have happened?

Link to the repo of what? I am not sure what you want me to post.

i didnt reply to your post

1 Like

Oops, my bad had a night shift so I am not that sharp at the moment, sorry.

all good, i know the feeling well

Fritz or SyncWorker (?) is now writing debug-log

2021-11-04 10:39:08 DEBUG (SyncWorker_3) [fritzconnection] <?xml version="1.0"?>
etc.
etc.

Any reason for this or way to switch this off? There are now thousends of lines (99%) in the log because of this.