2021.11: Icon picker, device links and entity categories

same here. canā€™t add (again, since it is gone with the update) tuya, that was added in prev version.

Same here , previously working well on Hassio-coreā€¦

I do notice that Smart life region is isle of man/United Kingdom and Hassio fields only offer United Kingdom but think that probably a red herring as Everyone reporting this complete failure is not from UK.

The New Tuya core is having a very rough start despite some Sterling efforts from the developers , Iā€™m afraid the update is going to bite most with a completely broken Tuya.

Despite completely re-installing everything I now have no Tuya integration as the Tuya-core will not get past 1106 error despite all Username/Passwords and regions being correct.

There is also an entity which you can use to check: binary_sensor.home_assistant_operating_system_update_available

did anyone having a same problem with me? where the lovelace dashboard (some) is just vanish. The original yaml is still there but cant edit nor retype, it just gone.

2 Likes

It has been reported here already

For me the Media Control Card fails to load because of the custom card Atomic Calendar Revive:

https://github.com/totaldebug/atomic-calendar-revive

It seems to do with the definition of a custom element. Depending whcih card loads first, it will prevent the other from loading. This is from the debug window in Firefox v93.0:

Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: CustomElementRegistry.define: 'mwc-linear-progress' has already been defined as a custom element

Removing Atomic Calendar Revive fixes the issue of the Media Control Card not loading. Iā€™ll post an issue on the ACR cardā€™s git-hub.

4 Likes

Others are saying itā€™s media_control thatā€™s causing that. Also can be caused by custom cards

Oh my! Youā€™re a lot better than me in debugging!

I have also this custom card, which I like a lot!

Can you give us the link to the issue? Maybe we can help to fix this?

1 Like

Can someone who has the medi-control issue write it up on GitHub please? I would write it up but I do not have the issue and I cannot replicate it. Thanks.

EDIT: Please make sure to include screenshots of the developer window in chrome. To access it, hit F12 on your keyboard, then make sure the bottom tab is displaying the console. Make sure to take a screenshot of the console. Thanks.

True, but that was for the core 2021.10.6 and I did not have that problem with 2021.10.6, it even logged in with 2021.11.0 for a good half hour, till I restarted HA and then integration couldnā€™t login anymore. But it is active in that report again.

I am configuring LocalTuya again, but I couldnā€™t get the local keys either CLI Wizard has also login error, finally I found my old document with all the keys, so adding everything one by one, to be honest I would love to go with core version of the integration, we will see, it will be solved at the end I think.

Where do we need to put the issue?

Here: Issues Ā· home-assistant/core Ā· GitHub ?

If itā€™s linked to the Atomic Calendar Revive custom card, thereā€™s no issue to write up in home assistant. The issue needs to be fixed on the custom card.

Well, Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s linked with the Atomic Calendar Revive custom card yet, but I do have this custom card at the momentā€¦

Please remove it and see if the issue goes away.

Only problem for me is Tuya complaining about authentication. Tried deleting the integration and re-adding - only to be reminded of the complex configuration process that iā€™d blanked from my memory, and the fact that I hadnā€™t recorded the various keys you need to enter. So iā€™ll have to do that again iā€™m guessing, though right now i cant get into my Tuya dev account, and the password reset tool isnt sending an email. So maybe the whole thing is just some wobble at Tuyaā€™s end and ive made work for no reason.

Anyway, thatā€™s my sad story. Thank you for reading.

1 Like

I have the same card and removing it solves the problem

1 Like

Oh yes! Me too!

Everything is visible again!

I will open an issue now!

Please open it against the custom card, not the core. Thanks

Donā€™t open one, itā€™s already created.

Link to girhub issue here:

Screenshot of Firefox debug window if ACR loads first:

Screenshot of Firefox debug window if Media Control loads first:

1 Like