2021.11: Icon picker, device links and entity categories

I lost 5 out of 7 dashboards. Tabs are there but everything is blank.

2 Likes

Loving the entity categories and the fact that itā€™ll reduce whatā€™s auto-exposed to Google and Alexa integrations.

I had migrated to explicitly specifying what I wanted to share into Google Home and Alexa, but itā€™s possible this change will allow me to let them be passively exposed again. Maybe.

What would really help me understand what will be sent to Google/Alexa would be entity category filter options on the Configurationā€¦Entities page. Perhaps add the ability to filter by those new categories: Primary, Configuration and Diagnostic? Then I could use the Entities page to see exactly which entities I might expect to show up in Google Home and Alexa should I revert back to auto-population.

Amazing progress, thank you!

3 Likes

sounds like custom card issues

1 Like

Upon updating all my Shelly devices and their entities got renamed to their defaults, breaking all my automations and Lovelace cards.
Is this a bug, or a breaking change?

1 Like

i think you are right. i can see the raw yaml code of the dashboards and i am using custom cards.

If I recall correctly, there was a change to the base HA card that everything uses. So custom cards that are effected donā€™t work until you update.

I always install the beta, but I donā€™t use a miio integration. Maybe you should try to run the beta too. The more testers, the more bugs are catched.

2 Likes

Hi

Thank you for the confirmation. I have made the change and everything is still working.

Any reason why the light bulb disappears when I turn these flux LEDs on ?

When I turn the light off, the blue bulb comes back

Thanks

Martyn

Getting the same here, but, next you should had something like :
WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Adding columns name to table statistics_meta. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow computers. Please be patient!

So 1st the recorder says the statistics_meta.name column doesnā€™t exists.
Then with the database migration itā€™s adding this same column. So I guess no worries :slight_smile:

Edit : 1 good thing would be a message to say thtat database migration is overā€¦

Thanks for the Tuya update!

I donā€™t know if others have the same problem, but I found that I canā€™t lift my roller blinds up? :grinning:

tuya blinds

Is it currently full opened? If yes thatā€™s normal, If no, is it full closed? If itā€™s full closed maybe itā€™s inverted?

I lost all dashboards that have Media Player cards or should I say all teh media cards are now gone. All other lovelace entries seem to be fine.

Wow, finally the (Flux) wifi controllers work with all the settings!!! (color, brightness etc). Great work!!

If you have the light set to 100% white light it will be the same color as the background.

We worked on improving this, but the other icon options had different downsides so we decided not to move forward with changing this now. We will likely revisit it again if material design icons add something that works:

1 Like

Issues seems to be related to the media-control card. It no longer shows a visual editor. additionally it was not just the Media-control cards that disappeared. It was any devices that were any cards that were directly following within the Individual Dashboards themselves.

Seems to be related to the media-control cards. See my below post for better description.

The curtains are completely closed. The up button does not respond in any way. I just noticed that the Tuya / Smart life app is not responding properly either, so I try to reinstall the curtains

Itā€™s working for me

I had the media player problem too, full restart of the machine looks the solution for now for meā€¦

Going to try this to duplicate in my lab environment, will let you know results.