2021.11: Icon picker, device links and entity categories

check problem with media-control its tend to clear out your lovelace view.

I am having problems with the MQTT. More than half of the devices are not connecting.

Although publish everything (checked with mqtt explorer), itā€™s like MQTT broker donā€™t accept the connections.

Anyone else with same problem?

No MQTT is continuing to work well for me. Any relevant errors in your broker log?

Iā€™m having a weird issue with the frontend not loading card backgrounds properly, see: https://imgur.com/a/VmBFWbi.

It only occurs if I am using the slower connection through Nabu Casa. Navigating to the page locally works as expected.

Itā€™s often not the same cards. It occurs in both Chrome and Firefox and for a change Safari is actually ok (iOS mobile app).

If I refresh the home view or clear the cache on the home view it may change which card backgrounds disappear but if I refresh the page on another view then switch to the home view it displays correctly.

This only occurs when using 2021.11.1 downgrading to 2021.10.6 stops the issue occurring.

I actually load the background image with card-mod (different image for day / night). So Iā€™m not sure if this is an issue with the Home Assistant frontend or card-mod. Thereā€™s an error for card-mod in the browser inspector but Iā€™m not sure if it is relevant.

Anyone else seeing this?

I had MQTT issues as well. I just restarted the broker and it all came good again

I restarted everything:

Mqqt broker, than Home assistant, than all the devicesā€¦

Some devices that worked before restart, didnā€™t came up and some other devices came upā€¦

I noticed a yellow warning icon :warning: next to the log entries of my TRADFRI on/off switch in the logbook. I assume itā€™s a cosmetic bug related to the battery icon, which is related to the battery level again since this release (2021.11.0)

Ahh, you are absolutely right, not sure why this didnā€™t appear when I first tried it? So I concluded that it must be in the customization insted.
Oh well, it shows the mdi icons, too bad that the added hue icons doesnā€™t show up.

And after an update for the hue they show up as well, now thatā€™s nice!

Yes @petro I readed the message but was expecting a log message saying that the task completed successfully ā€¦ anyway nothing important here.

Thanks

Check your logfile for errors and size.

It is the first int having the problem - not the second one. Try this:

level_template: "{{ ( state_attr('sensor.xx', '4503') | int(default=0,base=16) / 90 * 255 ) | int }}"

1 Like

@VDRainer: Canā€™t find log errors. Not in the ha log, not in MariaDB and not in influxDB

Can anyone also confirm slow loading in the iOS app? Mentioned also here

sorry, I do not understand exactlyā€¦ what kind of problem is there with media-control?

** TTS is NOT working any more after upgrade either Nabu CASA or Amazon Polly only get ā€œwhite noiseā€ when try to use/test from speaker.

**** Media Players are not shown in Lovelace have tried all usual clean cache try different browser (3) nothing

Working for me. Using Nabu Casa tts.cloud_say.

Any errors in your logs?

Sounds like you may have an issue with your media players. Get them working and TTS will probably work too.

What sort of media players?

Update your custom cards and then clear your cache. If that does not work, open the developer tools (F12). Go to the console tab and look at the error. Remove the offending custom card causing the error.

Im having the same issues. Running v.14.0. Cant see a newer version in HACS even though iā€™ve enabled beta versions.
I cant even add new cards. Its like lovelace is locked.

Missing in the release notes that the Tesla integration has been removed. Although it was not working for months now, it is at least worthy to mention. There is a replacement custom integration installable via HACS: GitHub - alandtse/tesla: Tesla custom integration for Home Assistant. This requires a refresh token be generated by third-party apps to login.

That happened last month https://www.home-assistant.io/blog/2021/10/06/release-202110/#farewell-to-the-following

1 Like