2021.12: New configuration menu, the button entity, and gorgeous area cards!

What integration creates sensor.weather_data ?

Removal of HTTP constants was listed as a breaking change for custom integrations Remove const.HTTP_* status constants by scop · Pull Request #58380 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

1 Like

But where can i do the customizing now ? Need it to change the measurement unit…

Read the release notes. In yaml

2 Likes

Yeah, but I think people want it to flash and return to the previous state. Also, maybe they want it to flash a different color.

Using light.toggle twice (or an even amount of times with a delay in between) would flash it and return it to it’s previous state. If you’re changing colours, you would have needed to snapshot a scene before the change anyway.

I was just throwing out things. I don’t have hue devices, so I don’t know the effects and what they do. I just know the names people throw around for the effects.

I enjoyed the new hue integration (eg. much faster interaction using hue buttons, lights reflecting status in HA quicker when changed through the hue app) but after a few minutes some light or light-group start to get out of sync (eg. HA showing the light on while the light is actually off).

When this happens, the only way to fix the light is to change its color in HA, using the turn on/off button nothing changes and the toggle action simply does nothing (hence many automations stop working properly).

I found nothing in the log.

Can I do anything to help? I am using HA 2021.12.2.

I have 22 hue lights, 5 hue sensors and 3 hue buttons, but I didn’t experience any serious issue before (both with HA < 2021.12 and with hue lights themselves).

Regarding the Environment Canada fix that was put into 2021.12.2, I still get the suggestion that I should add an Environment Canada integration, even though I already have one:

1 Like

Dude, you are my hero. Thanks for the laugh!

Same here. At first I thought the problem only occured with light groups, but experinmented and it also occurs with indiv. lights. Switching on seems OK, switching off gives troubles.

I’ve just updated to the latest version and i’m experience the same issue.

I’m not sure if this has already been reported or no, this month addon updates don’t complete, the spinner runs forever.
This is happening on multiple deployments.

It is worth noting that this is a UI issue on the update page, if I back out from that page, and refresh the page, it shows that the addon has been updated.

1 Like

I understand the need for cleaning up the UI but I agree that it seems more work to the user. A lot more clicks needed to get to the same targets.

Also, the new area card is much appreciated, but it needs to be far more customizable because right now, just being able to turn of ALL devices at once makes it pretty much useless (useless meaning not useable, not meaning some insult). Pretty, but no useful functionality.

I can confirm this same behaviour on add-on updates.

Hue transition is working again with 12.2, thanks for fixing @marcelveldt

And sorry for posting at Github, didn’t know that I’m not supposed to post there. Haha.

And something other positive, I rather like the new configuration menu.

1 Like

Hue long flash is working again, Marcel implemented the breath functionality, and even my ‘old’ scripts work now without any editing:

lights_flash_color:
    alias: Flash lights in color
    mode: restart
    icon: mdi:alarm-light
    sequence:
      - service: light.turn_on
        data:
          entity_id: light.alarm # Hue Zone Alarm
          color_name: >
            {{states('input_select.select_flash_color')|lower}}
      - repeat:
          sequence:
            service: script.lights_flash_on_color
          until:
            condition: state
            entity_id: input_boolean.flash_color
            state: 'off'

lights_flash_on_color:
    sequence:
        data:
          entity_id: light.alarm
          color_name: >
           {{states('input_select.select_flash_color')|lower}}
          flash: long
      - delay:
          seconds: 15

lights_flash_off_color:
    alias: Stop Flash lights in color
    icon: mdi:alarm-light-outline
    sequence:
      - service: script.turn_off
        entity_id:
          - script.lights_flash_color
          - script.lights_flash_on_color
        data:
          profile: relax
      - service: light.turn_off
1 Like

pychromecast changes in 12.2 appear to break my media player. I can cast audio to my chrome device but not control it (pause, stop, etc) using the standard media player in Lovelace. Reversion to 12.1 restored full fuctionality. Anyone else having this?

Fixed in 2021.12.4. I tried to understand what fixed the problem but failed. Well done by the maintainers!

What happened to 2021.12.2 update? did it get pulled back?
My system was telling me that the Newest version was 2021.12.2 but was not offering the update link yet (rolling release?)
But now, after a restart, it’s not even showing the newest to be available, and I know there docker images are there.
What is going on?

All good on my instance. I literally just updated from 2021.12.1 to 2021.12.2 a few minutes ago.

There is always

ha core update --version 2021.12.2
1 Like

It’s weird, I just restarted Home Assistant, and now it showing that my supervisor is already on the latest but not the core.

I will try to update through terminal