2021.12: New configuration menu, the button entity, and gorgeous area cards!

I haven’t upgraded yet (I like to give it a week or two for any important bug fixes to come though) but I expect I’ll need to do some other tweaking like this and adding some panel redirects (mentioned earlier in the thread). I don’t really mind what I’ve seen of the new looks for the config area, but since I’m always tinkering with my stuff, the YAML config reload and server restart buttons were already further away then I wanted and I was eventually going to get around to putting together a card or dashboard I could quickly pull up. This development just moves that plan up my priorities list :slight_smile:

It’s not an easy line to walk, balancing out keeping things simple for regular users and making power users happy, and I don’t envy the UX work they have to do. With other projects, I’ve been on both sides of the issue more than once; I’m sure they appreciate earnest feedback delivered without negativity.

4 Likes

How do I ensure that HACS is allowing beta versions (as I use Alexa media player)? Every link to HACS documentation seems to be broken.

mhh strange, both switch illuminance and motion are kept on state choosen. I see also the result in hueapp on my 10 hue motion devices.

Do you have the latest version on your bridge ?
Make sure to check that the bridge version is at least 1948086000.

Also illuminance is not in Hue APP but he does the job by stopping Lux reported…

Click the redownload and select the version you want

Well I have just disabled my rest switches that I used to use to achieve motion sensor on/off and re-enabled the hue switches and they appear to stick…that’s a lot of Lovelace cards, scripts and automations I am going to want to change now.

Excuse my lack of knowledge but what does the illumination switch achieve exactly?

Hello guys, I don’t found Customizing entities tab in configuration. It has been removed ?

I’m using french: Personnalisations, may be linked to a translation issue ?

Annnnnnnd…nope. My light type dj is “not available” and listed as unsupported in the configuration.

It’s removed from the GUI. Kindly check the release notes.

What do your logs say

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 249, in _async_setup_platform await asyncio.shield(task) File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/tuya/light.py", line 316, in async_setup_entry async_discover_device([*hass_data.device_manager.device_map]) File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/tuya/light.py", line 309, in async_discover_device TuyaLightEntity( File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/tuya/light.py", line 429, in __init__ device.status_range[self._color_temp_dpcode].values KeyError: <DPCode.TEMP_VALUE: 'temp_value'>
It is just listed as unsupported in the integration.

After the latest update

Platform error device_tracker.meraki - cannot import name 'HTTP_BAD_REQUEST' from 'homeassistant.const' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/const.py)

The release notes mention fixing the brightness attribute for this device, why would it be removed and how do we get it reinstated?

Guys, just updated, but what does below mean?

2021-12-13 18:42:24 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.frame] Detected code that uses str for device registry entry_type. This is deprecated and will stop working in Home Assistant 2022.3, it should be updated to use DeviceEntryType instead. Please report this issue.
Stack (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/runpy.py", line 197, in _run_module_as_main
    return _run_code(code, main_globals, None,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/runpy.py", line 87, in _run_code
    exec(code, run_globals)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/__main__.py", line 331, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/__main__.py", line 318, in main
    exit_code = runner.run(runtime_conf)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/runner.py", line 121, in run
    return loop.run_until_complete(setup_and_run_hass(runtime_config))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/asyncio/base_events.py", line 629, in run_until_complete
    self.run_forever()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/asyncio/base_events.py", line 596, in run_forever
    self._run_once()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/asyncio/base_events.py", line 1890, in _run_once
    handle._run()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/asyncio/events.py", line 80, in _run
    self._context.run(self._callback, *self._args)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 500, in _async_add_entity
    device = device_registry.async_get_or_create(**processed_dev_info)  # type: ignore[arg-type]
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/device_registry.py", line 360, in async_get_or_create
    report(  # type: ignore[unreachable]
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/frame.py", line 74, in report
    _LOGGER.warning(msg, stack_info=True)
Stack (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/runpy.py", line 197, in _run_module_as_main
    return _run_code(code, main_globals, None,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/runpy.py", line 87, in _run_code
    exec(code, run_globals)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/__main__.py", line 331, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/__main__.py", line 318, in main
    exit_code = runner.run(runtime_conf)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/runner.py", line 121, in run
    return loop.run_until_complete(setup_and_run_hass(runtime_config))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/asyncio/base_events.py", line 629, in run_until_complete
    self.run_forever()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/asyncio/base_events.py", line 596, in run_forever
    self._run_once()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/asyncio/base_events.py", line 1890, in _run_once
    handle._run()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/asyncio/events.py", line 80, in _run
    self._context.run(self._callback, *self._args)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 500, in _async_add_entity
    device = device_registry.async_get_or_create(**processed_dev_info)  # type: ignore[arg-type]
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/device_registry.py", line 360, in async_get_or_create
    report(  # type: ignore[unreachable]
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/frame.py", line 74, in report
    _LOGGER.warning(msg, stack_info=True)

Does anyone know if there is a recommended image resolution and aspect ratio for the new Area pictures? I assume there must be an optimal resolution for these?

I was replying to zigomatic :wink:

I wish the replies were a little better organized. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

All of these have been removed from const.py (there are many other changes)

HTTP_OK: Final = 200
HTTP_CREATED: Final = 201
HTTP_ACCEPTED: Final = 202
HTTP_MOVED_PERMANENTLY: Final = 301
HTTP_BAD_REQUEST: Final = 400
HTTP_UNAUTHORIZED: Final = 401
HTTP_FORBIDDEN: Final = 403
HTTP_NOT_FOUND: Final = 404
HTTP_METHOD_NOT_ALLOWED: Final = 405
HTTP_UNPROCESSABLE_ENTITY: Final = 422
HTTP_TOO_MANY_REQUESTS: Final = 429
HTTP_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR: Final = 500
HTTP_BAD_GATEWAY: Final = 502
HTTP_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE: Final = 503

How components that use these constants are supposed to deal with it?

Regarding Vallox: for me, multiple reboots were required for whatever reason. My experience:
1st boot after update - no sensors working
2nd boot after update - sensors got first value, but were not updated at all
3rd boot - sensors are being updated
Correction - still not working.

One more thing that remains broken is the next filter change time:
ValueError: Invalid datetime: sensor.vallox_remaining_time_for_filter provides state '2022-01-08 13:00:00', which is missing timezone information

The new post-heater change (Add binary sensor for Vallox post heater by viiru- · Pull Request #59762 · home-assistant/core · GitHub) works and is much appreciated tho.
Vallox integration also logs this:
Attention: The service 'vallox.set_profile' is superseded by the 'fan.set_preset_mode' service. It will be removed in the future, please migrate to 'fan.set_preset_mode' to prevent breakage

Edit 2: created an issue in the tracker for this: Vallox integration broke with 2021.12 · Issue #61707 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

Or you could use panel_custom

panel_custom:
  - name: ha_supervisor
    sidebar_title: Supervisor
    sidebar_icon: mdi:home-assistant
    js_url: /api/hassio/app/entrypoint.js
    url_path: 'hassio/dashboard'
    embed_iframe: true
    require_admin: true
    config:
      ingress: core_configurator

1 Like

Is that a custom integration? If so, contact the author!