2021.12: New configuration menu, the button entity, and gorgeous area cards!

So weird … I don’t get it

Worked fine for the generic x86 image.

When I check for the images at:

I can see that it’s there and the tag is fine.
But when I use docker pull to get the image, it seems like there is a problem with it too.

error pulling image configuration: Get “https://pkg-containers.githubusercontent.com/ghcr1/blobs/sha256:9c852448f2c117cfd759cecf4c4a55dbe47c9f9bac06d118947b7818b3d7a19f?se=2021-12-21T09%3A00%3A00Z&sig=gyk8BWd5Hgc0o06xdvyNffHlST8IGfrnZ0EDeuoFJNM%3D&sp=r&spr=https&sr=b&sv=2019-12-12”: net/http: TLS handshake timeout

But I think it’s another problem. or not :slight_smile:

The ESPhome update was temporarily downloaded due to an error.

Hi all,

KNX does not seem to be working anymore with the latest Patch (2021.12.4).
Can someone confirm? I have restored 12.3 for now as i have seen ther has been an update to xknx as well with the latest patch.

Greetings

You’ve mentioned this “issue” a few times now. Was the issue written up against core? If the answer is no, then it won’t be fixed until that happens. Also, some issues can take a long time. So even if you write it up, it may not get a fix for until next release or after.

1 Like

Cover question. Some cover entities show up as window and some as shutter.

window by default:

shutter by default:

I want to achieve all my “window blinds” look like a shutter with actual open/close positions. But before I go in to templatization I wanted to ask this:

Since customization is removed and added (replaced?) by having an option to select show as with 3 options:
but no “shutter” option there…

What is the most future proof way to have all my covers present like a shutter with actual open/close icons?

Thanks!

Same issue here. On media_player, services media_pause and media_stop don’t work. In addition, attribute media_content_id of media_player seems to be missing when device is playing since upgrade. This was tested on Google Nest Mini.

Yes, there is a flaw in the automatic gateway detection. Will be fixed on next update. Manual interface IP configurations should work fine.

Yes, Is the page showing no text at all/

Customizations wasn’t removed. It was removed from the UI because it’s a yaml function. Adjust it in yaml until the abilities in the UI are fleshed out for device class.

Fixed in the latest core upgrade 2021.12.4

Which update? I updated ESPHome to 12.1 when it showed as available, and installed the new version to my one ESP8266 device. Both the ESPHome integration and the device seem to be running OK. I see there’s reference to version 12.2 in the integration, but it’s not showing in HA as available for update.

Yes. ESPhome 12.2 update has been suspended
It’s here

1 Like

What do I need to adjust to have all shutter covers having open and closed icons then?

device_class… like it’s always been

2 Likes

Thanks, like it’s always been before it was removed form the GUI… I solved it in yaml.

Did you refresh your browser cache? I do get Hebrew text when I change the language (unless I selected the wrong language but I am pretty certain it’s the right one).

Since 2021.12.04 my 3rd party hue devices (e.g. Osram Smart Plugs) which show „unreachable“ in the hue app are disabled in the hue integration. Was working with 2021.12.03.

EDIT: Nevermind - it just took minutes for them to get enabled again, i hope this was a one-time issue and does not happen every restart.

For the record, I did look in the All Changes log by searching for Kasa and I got no hits when I made my original post two days ago. Tried again today, and it was added as part of the .12 update. It is NOT documented in the TP-Link integration docs.