2021.12: New configuration menu, the button entity, and gorgeous area cards!

Update to 2021.12.7

Hi, cant install Update to 2021.12.7 :

Blockquote
21-12-30 00:37:05 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Updating Home Assistant to version 2021.12.7
21-12-30 00:37:05 INFO (SyncWorker_5) [supervisor.docker.interface] Updating image ghcr. io / home-assistant / qemux86-64-homeassistant:2021.12.5 to ghcr. io / home-assistant/ qemux86-64-homeassistant:2021.12.7
21-12-30 00:37:05 INFO (SyncWorker_5) [supervisor.docker.interface] Downloading docker image name with tag 2021.12.7.
21-12-30 00:37:16 ERROR (SyncWorker_5) [supervisor.docker.interface] Can’t install name qemux86-64-homeassistant:2021.12.7: 404 Client Error for http+docker :confused: /localhost/v1.41/ images/ghcr. io/home-assistant/ qemux86-64-homeassistant:2021.12.7/json: Not Found (“no such image: name 2021.12.7: No such image: ghcr.io /home-assistant/ qemux86-64-homeassistant:2021.12.7”)
21-12-30 00:37:16 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Updating Home Assistant image failed

It’s there, maybe whatever mirror you are being sent to has yet to catch up.

Can i check it from ha cli ?

Same here. Lovelace page would reload after the startup.

However… Somehow my history page keeps loading. Is anyone seeing the same? How do I troubleshoot this / where do I start?
(This is ~5 minutes after I click the “History” from the left panel.)

Any update on that? Or at least a workaround? Really bad, that a lot of my things are no longer working, because I cant control the osram plugs.

I can get the Jellyfin integration configured and it sees the music library I set up, but the music doesn’t actually play. It does not seem to work in the web browser on my computer or in the Home Assistant Android app. I have the player set as ‘Web Browser’ but all I get is sound player controls with 0:00/0:00

Without a github issue, nobody will look into this. Did you check if someone already created a github issue for this, and created an issue yourself if applicable? If not, kindly go to github to check that out.

3 Likes

cant see Allow_unreachable as an option for osram integration

Osramlightify - Home Assistant (home-assistant.io)

and doing a search with allow_unreachable shows that the only entries with it are to do with HUE

@frenck, No, it’s me who thanks you … The whole team behind Home Assistant.
You guys, (boys and girls), really show what “open source” is, all the way through.
And I owe you a huge thanks, for the many hours you spend, making such a great community, and creating the future for all of us.

I am a total beginner with Home Assistant, and for the same reason, I have not missed out on e.g. UI, as many write they have.
I can not write, what I am particularly fond, of in this update, as I do not know previous version, but I am glad, a friend introduced me to HA.

My big problem is that, I can not accommodate all the cool options HA gives me … and then it’s even free to use. That’s totally awesome.

But my biggest problem is my family…
I really do what I can not to look at them as “entities”, or my dog ​​as a “Zigbee transmitter”.
I can no longer go to a computer store for a new mouse, without coming out with a bag of smartthings (and without a mouse).
When I have a break in front of the computer, I check deals on something I can´t live without at all, for my Smarthome setup.
When I talk with the boys, the topic leads my thoughts to, how it can be setup with e.g. a door sensor.
My wife says I talk more with Google than with her, all the while she looking for the wall switch I just replaced with a sensor.
When I go out with the dog, I set up a routine in flow and variables …
Is it just me, or??? :slight_smile:

The best New Year’s greetings from Denmark
Rosengren.

9 Likes

HA is great. But as you say, you can’t do it all. My advice is you shouldn’t try to do it all. As you’re finding out, there are a LOT of different things HA is capable of. You need to figure out what you can justify spending the time and effort on, and what actually brings value to your life. Not just what looks like fun to fool around with.

My advice is to limit the number of integrations you support and functions you perform. Each new release introduces breaking changes and bugs. The fewer things you have installed, the fewer of those changes and bugs apply to you. I have a modest implementation compared to many on here, and I still spend many hours every week working on it. Sometimes I wonder when some of the posters here find time to sleep, let alone have any kind of a life outside HA. Probably they’re just smarter than me. But still…

2 Likes

Anyone else having trouble with http when the system reboots? Due to the bad weather lately, the electricity has been very unstable. Every time the power goes out, Home Assistant boots back up in Safe Mode. If I go to Settings, Server Controls, Server management, Restart everything comes back up and I’m good to go. Running HA core 2021.12.7

I see this at the beginning of my log

2022-01-03 13:46:07 WARNING (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration weatherbit which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component >
2022-01-03 13:46:07 WARNING (SyncWorker_2) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration average which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component mig>
2022-01-03 13:46:07 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration sonoff which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component migh>
2022-01-03 13:46:07 WARNING (SyncWorker_3) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might >
2022-01-03 13:46:08 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component http
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 229, in _async_setup_component
    result = await task
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/homeassistant/components/http/__init__.py", line 192, in async_setup
    local_ip = await async_get_source_ip(hass)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/homeassistant/components/network/__init__.py", line 35, in async_get_source_ip
    return source_ip if source_ip in all_ipv4s else all_ipv4s[0]
IndexError: list index out of range

Sounds like you need a UPS (uninterruptable power supply) on that server, Preferably one that can communicate and shut the server down cleanly before it runs out of battery power.

3 Likes

It looks like your system is starting up Home Assistant before any ipv4 addresses are assigned.

We can likely improve handling this specific case, but even then, it is unlikely that things will work very well since many integrations expect the network to be up and running at startup.

Thanks for your reply, I’m pretty sure that this started in 2021.12

A Linux based (or any UNIX like OS) may start up in safe mode if the OS was uncleanly shut down previously. It needs to repair its filesystem, if possible before booting up normally. If it cannot repair the filesystem, the OS image is corrupt.

A good uninterruptible power supply guards against this in two ways. UIt can keep power to the device during short outages. Better systems can also alert the device to perform a clean shutdown before the UPS battery depletes totally.

Yes, I was a certified UNIX system administrator.

1 Like

@bdraco you gave me just enough information to help me continue my searching.
I found this solution from @baz123 from 3 years ago and it works!

@Prodigyplace thanks for taking the time to reply & your thoughts.

2 Likes

You are welcome.
Setting a delay MIGHT handle the error messages in some cases but will not prevent eventual corruption due to unclean shutdowns.

absolutely, if only the electric company can get it’s act together

The electric company has no way of anticipating an outage, A UPS has a battery backup and a known runtime at a given load. That provides the needed time to shutdown cleanly.

1 Like