2021.2: Z-Wave... JS!

My Nest thermostat integration stopped working after this update. The cards all say “Unavailable.” Anyone else see this?

After updating to 2021.2.0 Container, I get the following log messages:

/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/aioharmony/harmonyclient.py:135: DeprecationWarning: The loop argument is deprecated since Python 3.8, and scheduled for removal in Python 3.10.
  _, _ = await asyncio.open_connection(host=self._ip_address

as well as this one:

/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/hatasmota/utils.py:165: DeprecationWarning: Using or importing the ABCs from 'collections' instead of from 'collections.abc' is deprecated since Python 3.3, and in 3.9 it will stop working if not isinstance(status, collections.Mapping): s6-svwait: fatal: timed out

Then the container crashed.
After restart, i hade a few additional cryptic messages that I havenever seen before, but for now the container is running. Do I need to be concerned?

A post was split to a new topic: System unstable after 2021.2 upgrade

Upgraded without a hitch! :clap: :ok_hand:
Thanks guys!

Wow. This is bad. Same boat as rexbot, almost the same config, RPI 4. Please, any suggestions? Was running fine for months…

Home Assistant supervised on debian 10, on 64 bit PC. Upgraded smoothly and no issues (although I have no z-wave).

Congrats to the team, and sorry to see people having issues.

Can I suggest people worried about z wave read this 2021.2: Z-Wave... JS! and be aware of the proper thread to post about issues of migration, namely How do I switch to Zwave JS?

My Tado all seems to be working but its all sorted via node red.

I just want to know when the hot water is actually on and it seems that feature has been removed.

Any luck in resolving. Exact issue I have

Let me know if you hear anything please! Same issues here, again almost same setup

Oh, thank God, back up and running. So for me, the suggestion of removing the core.config_entries zwave entry was helpful but wasn’t all I had to do. Turns out, I had an integration with OpenZWave in my integrations list that I wasn’t using, must have tried it in the past and wasn’t using but had forgotten to delete it. So after I deleted it and rebooted the host, it ran to completion. So I guess I had to remove all references to any zwave before I was able to get it to run again. I have successfully switched over to the Z-Wave JS now, and it seems my devices are there. The names and entity ids aren’t the same, but I can live with that…just have to update everything in my automations and what not. What I can’t live with is non-functioning Home Assistant. Thanks for the suggestions. Everyone here is great, I can usually just read the forum and troubleshoot without posting. Cheers!

Hello there

I bouht a start kit about a year ago. It has a hub, and then some sensors. According to the labels the connectivity of this kit (hub) is wireless.

Later I bought some temperature sensors and found out it was not connected with the same hub, meaning it was a zigbee device and I bought another xiaomi hub (this one was for zigbee).
The temperature sensors (zigbee) and the xiaomi hub (zigbee), I was able to find them and connect them with a conbee stick, however the other hub and sensors I was not able to

Also, I have a air purifier which is wi fi, and that one I also can’t connect it. Every thing I find is talking about finding a token in the xiaomi app, but I was not very lucky with that :frowning:

I think xiaomi has a lot of nice and cheap smart devices but these limitations make me buy things like tuya that I then flash with tasmota, but it’s not really possible with these more complex devices

Unless you really want to redo all the automations I think it would ber much easier to just rename the new zwavejs entities to the same entity_id’s as the old integration had.

Then all of your automations and everything else will just work.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. I am having an issue with a couple of my scene controllers now that don’t appear to be supported/ not producing zwave.scene_activated events that may be a deal breaker for me going forward on this integration anyway. We’ll see.

This version killed my HA on pi4 the same way, things stop working after update.

So, I ended up doing a fresh install but it failed too.

Wifi is broken. So I have to plug in to wired network.

Then I connect pi4 via HDMI and use a keyboard to login as root. then downgrade to 2021.1.5.

then I connect from browser try to restore my snapshot, but it seems only allow me to upload it, but it would not apply the backup… so I login again from console and apply the snapshot…

This is the most disastrous upgrade I ran into… oh well.

Oof, sorry to hear that. My RPi4 is running fine (after deleting a problem addon). Are you using SSD or microSD to boot? The stability has improved since going to SSD only.

It amazes me that anyone would try and run an essential service over wifi.

6 Likes

Smooth update here on a proxmox host. I always keep a stack of VM backups just in case. I’m just blown away by how snappy zwavejs. I was one weekend away from replacing all my dimmers with tuya devices rubbing esphome but alas, the zwave lives to see another day!

I am on microSD… sadly.

So, I am holding off to 2021.2 and stay at 2021.1.5 for now.

Not everyone has the lux of LAN cable run around the house, I am one of them. 8p

I appreciate that, I really do. But you said you are able to plug it into a wired network, and the system then works. Leave it there

3 Likes