2021.2: Z-Wave... JS!

The main difference is that its an entirely new platform driving the backend.

What everyone calls it Communication Method Zwave Platform (Driver of the network)
Zwave 1.4 Tightly mangled into the Core OpenZwave v 1.4
OpenZwave (Beta) MQTT Broker OpenZwave v 1.6
Zwave JS Web Sockets Zwave JS
ZwaveJS2MQTT MQTT or Web Sockets Zwave JS

OpenZwave does not equal Zwave JS. They compete with each other.

4 Likes

Does Schlage locks rely heavily on polling? After going to JS the only entity that’s working for me is locking the door. Everything else is showing unavailable.

sure, but you were missing my point :wink: Why JS? seems to refer to Javascript in common HA tongue.

aha. which it does, so I finally arrive at the https://zwave-js.github.io/node-zwave-js/#/

stupid me.

thanks for the table!

1 Like

Yeah, it’s built on JavaScript. Also, that’s their name btw.

Version 2021.02.00 going fine for me. MyQ still work, Foscam using UI working too. Not problem at all. Thanks to all the developers!

1 Like

I’ve got the same problem. Hassos here. I’ve looked through the logs, but can’t find anything usefull. Other then:

2021-02-04 19:50:05 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config] Invalid config for [automation]: not a valid value for dictionary value @ data['action'][0]['entity_id']. Got None. (See ?, line ?).
2021-02-04 19:50:05 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config] Invalid config for [automation]: required key not provided @ data['action']. Got None. (See ?, line ?).
2021-02-04 19:50:05 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config] Invalid config for [automation]: expected str for dictionary value @ data['to']. Got None. (See ?, line ?).
2021-02-04 19:50:05 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config] Invalid config for [automation]: [to] is an invalid option for [automation]. Check: automation->to. (See ?, line ?).

But that message has been appearing for some time. I still can’t find the right automation…

I’ll revert back to my backup for now!

Yep, same problem over here. I can control Tado with HomeKit just fine though.

Found out I can not put it on heat or set temperatures. Turning it off and on auto mode works fine

I haven’t transitioned my production HA over yet because I know it will take time to edit all my automations but I’m definitely going to do it. I installed it on a test instance of HA and I’m very impressed. The new setup process is VERY simple. See this post as well.

1 Like

First of all thank you to all developers, amazing what u guys get done every month!
Personally, I like the badges a lot. I kept one dashboard to have an overlook of all things in my setup.

Just upgraded without any problem. All devices are working, Z-Wave, IP cams, Doorbird, hue, plex, Synology, tuya, Ubiquiti Unifi, Shelly… I did not migrate to Z-Wave JS, as pooling is important for me…

Thanks for the upgrade!

I couldn’t do anything @Christer84.
In the end I made fresh install and restored a backup. At least this worked without any problems.

My Nest thermostat integration stopped working after this update. The cards all say “Unavailable.” Anyone else see this?

After updating to 2021.2.0 Container, I get the following log messages:

/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/aioharmony/harmonyclient.py:135: DeprecationWarning: The loop argument is deprecated since Python 3.8, and scheduled for removal in Python 3.10.
  _, _ = await asyncio.open_connection(host=self._ip_address

as well as this one:

/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/hatasmota/utils.py:165: DeprecationWarning: Using or importing the ABCs from 'collections' instead of from 'collections.abc' is deprecated since Python 3.3, and in 3.9 it will stop working if not isinstance(status, collections.Mapping): s6-svwait: fatal: timed out

Then the container crashed.
After restart, i hade a few additional cryptic messages that I havenever seen before, but for now the container is running. Do I need to be concerned?

A post was split to a new topic: System unstable after 2021.2 upgrade

Upgraded without a hitch! :clap: :ok_hand:
Thanks guys!

Wow. This is bad. Same boat as rexbot, almost the same config, RPI 4. Please, any suggestions? Was running fine for months…

Home Assistant supervised on debian 10, on 64 bit PC. Upgraded smoothly and no issues (although I have no z-wave).

Congrats to the team, and sorry to see people having issues.

Can I suggest people worried about z wave read this 2021.2: Z-Wave... JS! and be aware of the proper thread to post about issues of migration, namely How do I switch to Zwave JS?

My Tado all seems to be working but its all sorted via node red.

I just want to know when the hot water is actually on and it seems that feature has been removed.

Any luck in resolving. Exact issue I have