2021.3: My Oh My

Any security aspects of the linking to an instance? I hope it’s not possible, for example, to link to a factory reset.

The beauty of this? All the data is stored locally in your browser and My Home Assistant only redirects you to pages that provide you with information about your instance or help you start an action. Following a link from My Home Assistant will never make any changes to your instance.

That is the intention at least. If you find a case where that is not true, please report it immediately :slight_smile:

What an update - nice job!

A question for the “My” stuff (and for the apps, I guess): Any way to support more than one Home Assistant instance? I have HA installed at two locations myself…

No, that is not possible. It is limited to a pre-defined set of links. See the FAQ on the my website for more information on how it works and which links it supports.

3 Likes

This might have been discussed elsewhere but not really sure what to search for so I’ll try here.

With this update I see that more of my integrations (Xiaomi and Philips) is being moved from config in YAML to UI. Three benefits i see in using YAML is ease of backup, version control and sharing.

When doing config in the UI, in what file(s) are my settings saved then? Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

This has been discussed to death already here.

Your config from the UI is stored in the hidden directory .storage

6 Likes

The new UI for service calls is great!

Thanks for another update.

Edit: There’s some fix for a “generic-x86-64 build”, it’s that a new image/instalation method?

Updated but I had climacell in sensors.yaml but when I try to add climacell via integration it says it’s not possible and then went to this page.

Is it not possible if you had the yaml in sensors.yaml ?

Also my android phone battery % is unknown now and so is the state of it. It was healthy before update.

I also can’t see what WiFi I am connected to also.

I’ve read all above and can’t see anything that stands out.

Thanks

Martyn

“My Home Assistant” smells like a bit like a data leak when used in a DNS rebinding attack.

Couldn’t you lure home assistant users to a website that internally queries stuff available through “my home assistant” and send it elsewhere?

1 Like

Nothing is stored there, nothing is browsed there, it only contains links.

I know FRs aren’t supposed to go here. But here’s some more configuration option ideas for My Home Assistant. Some of the ones I could think of would be:

• Open in new tab (on load, run window.open, then window.history.back, configurable by both user and link)
  • Always open without needing to accept.

Updated from 2021.2.3, and I am now getting invalid config for:

Again a great update! Thanks!

Although I appreciate the advise… how do I get rid of these messages popping up every hour or so…

My homeassistant is on my local network and I do not really care about these standardish passwords. Should I?

5 Likes

Exactly the same here:

The following integrations and platforms could not be set up:

cloud
    mobile_app
    default_config

With the following in the log:

2021-03-03 21:02:27 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for webhook: unknown error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.8/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 166, in _async_setup_component
    component = integration.get_component()
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.8/site-packages/homeassistant/loader.py", line 491, in get_component
    cache[self.domain] = importlib.import_module(self.pkg_path)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/importlib/__init__.py", line 127, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1014, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 991, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 975, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 671, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 783, in exec_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.8/site-packages/homeassistant/components/webhook/__init__.py", line 14, in <module>
    from homeassistant.util.aiohttp import MockRequest
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.8/site-packages/homeassistant/util/aiohttp.py", line 26, in <module>
    class MockRequest:
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.8/site-packages/homeassistant/util/aiohttp.py", line 51, in MockRequest
    def query(self) -> MultiDict[str]:
TypeError: 'type' object is not subscriptable

great job !
But some bug in snapshot name now… (and save as “tar” name)

great update, once again, didnt know about the temporary disabling of integrations, and needed that today… :wink: so cool. O, and did anyone mention how smooth these updates go as of late. THANKS!

btw, nice release party going on right now.

I have a lot of API calls to get system resource use (memory and cpu) by addons into my Lovelace frontend. This is quite CPU intensive. Is it now possible to use this new method instead and if so is it likely to be less CPU intensive?

Querying the docker API for that is CPU heavy no matter how you do it.

1 Like

Love the update! I can’t get Areas to work with the new services UI, though, it just gives me “No matching areas found”, even though I have a lot of areas defined.

Example:

Is it supposed to be smartly filtering areas based on the service? If so, I definitely have lights in various areas. Even if I type them in manually it doesn’t seem to work.

2 Likes

wait, mobile_app shows primarily unknown on all entities of all devices… was there a breaking change, no?