2021.3: My Oh My

I solved this problem I had with Google Assistant not finding my devices myself. Turns out that this problem was caused by the further depreciation of “http: base_url” in “configuration.yaml”.

To solve this, set an external and/or and internal URL in Configuration -> General.

The help files on this issue were less than helpful.

The word is deprecation.

As per the ‘breaking changes’ in the release notes.

2 Likes

Did you ever figure this out? I’m getting the same error. I noticed if i remove the “target:” command then it works

Speedtest completely broken for me after updating to this version. All sensors have become unavailable. Removing and re-adding via Integrations UI works upon initial setup, then subsequent scheduled queries stop working and all three sensors become unavailable. Restarting HA doesn’t help.

Logs. Where are your logs?

A post was split to a new topic: New template fan question

No, unfortunately not. The strange thing is that it does work in automations

Oversettelser i Supervisor panelet

…If you want to help translate that into your native language, join the frontend team on Localize

The service is spelled " Lokalise "

5 posts were split to a new topic: Help setting up My HomeAssistant

Uh, why is home assistant wanting to downgrade all of the sudden?

Well, that was weird, did a reload on the supervisor and the message was gone…

2 Likes

Same here, the notification came back though today

1 Like

Very strange, I am seeing the same message as above wanting me to downgrade.

1 Like

My installation is also stuck in a cycle of upgrade/downgrade for the Supervisor between 2021.3.3 and 2021.3.4 I tried to just go with it to see what would happen and it’s an infinite loop every few hours of asking me to upgrade, snapshot, downgrade, snapshot.

Anyone have a fix for this yet?

1 Like

Ignore the request to downgrade will solve it.

Well, yes, provided I don’t do it absentmindedly tomorrow when I open HA.

It’s happening with both Supervisor and Core, but Core is so far the only one annoying me on the Supervisor Dashboard; they’re just annoying me in my sensor alerts. IN case it doesn’t show, screenshot of my System page where both Core and Supervisor desperately want to downgrade.

I think I saw somewhere that this bug is fixed in the April release, so should be here on Wednesday.

I wonder if there aren’t a lot of people making new automations. For what it’s worth I’m having this issue too.

Why wouldn’t you? You sound opposed to it but not sure why.

Because to use device automations you have to use the UI. Which I don’t. For multiple reasons.

And if I did use the UI I still don’t see the benefit of device automations/services when using entities in services works just as well and the resulting yaml is way less complicated.

And areas never really seemed to be very useful.

Unless you have a very large “McMansion” sized house then targeting an area to turn on or off lights is not much harder than turning on/off the few or the couple of lights that are typically in that area individually or in a multiple entity list in a service call.

Unless I’m missing something basic in the “area” concept that is a “game changer” I never saw any real reason to get excited about it or even start looking into using it. None of my devices are assigned to areas either. I never saw the point.

Not to take away anything from others who use them but it’s simpler for me to not use those things and it’s never been a limitation at all as far as I’m aware.