2021.3.x and Konnected Out Zone (relay switch) Problems

Using Home Assistant, my Konnected Relay outs stopped working on the update to HA Core 2021.3.0, but the sensors still work fine. I found I could revert to HA Core 2021.2.3 and things worked again, but I would like to eventually move to later core versions. I experimented with external_url and internal_url declarations as described in https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/47569 but could not get the konnected outs to work in 2021.3.0. I have always used NGINX so have an empty http: section in configuration.yaml.

Then I noticed from the error in the log output below that the ip address for the konnected device was not correct. In konnected.yaml, I had discovery to the default true and did not have host or port specified. (the port number below is correct, the konnected ip address is not correct). I changed my konnected.yaml to have discovery=false and specified the host and port explicitly (after setting a fixed IP address in the router for the konnected device). With this change everything worked fine on 2021.3.x.

My main question is why did discovery get the correct konnected IP address in 2021.2.3 but not in 3.x? And similarly how was discovery working anyway in 2.3 since I did NOT have the SSDP integration installed? I had been using Konnected without any problems since early 2019.

Here is the error I get in the log files:

> WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.konnected.panel]
> Exception trying to connect to panel: Cannot connect to host 192.168.10.107:18312 ssl:default
> [Connect call failed ('192.168.10.107', 18312)]
2 Likes

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I have a similar issue ever since 2021.3. When Home Assistant starts it doesn’t pick up the correct states from Konnected. It’s only when a state next changes that it is updated.

I also have those connection errors in my log.

Logger: homeassistant.components.konnected.panel
Source: components/konnected/panel.py:135
Integration: Konnected.io (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 15:22:53 (14 occurrences)
Last logged: 15:31:00

• Exception trying to connect to panel:
  • Exception trying to connect to panel: Cannot connect to host 192.168.1.192:9662 ssl:default [Connect call failed (‘192.168.1.192’, 9662)]

jjok – As mentioned above,

I changed my konnected.yaml to have discovery=false and specified the host and port explicitly (after setting a fixed IP address in the router for the konnected device). With this change everything worked fine on 2021.3.x.

Did you do this?

Before this change, the konnected module was not being detected at all, rather than not picking up the correct states as you described. So not sure this is the same issue…

I never did get an answer as to why the discovery=false change was necessary.

I totally missed your reply. :roll_eyes:

I actually ended up re-flashing my Konnected board with the latest firmware and setting it up again in Home Assistant, and that appears to have resolved all the issues I was having. Should have just done that a year ago.