2021.4: For our advanced users ❤️

I am not fast enough in reading how to create the unique identifiers with VSCode Addon. Can someone help me crossing this street … . Thankd

hi, i have the following errors after upgrading to v2021.4.0, i’ve been searching my sensors but i can’t find anything that is using {{value_json [“POWER”]}} any idea what it might be or someone else this is happening to? regards

Logger: homeassistant.helpers.template
Source: helpers/template.py:1335
First occurred: 23:01:19 (48 occurrences)
Last logged: 23:04:05

Template variable warning: 'dict object' has no attribute 'POWER' when rendering '{{ value_json["POWER"] }}'
Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: helpers/entity_component.py:174
First occurred: 23:01:51 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 23:01:51

Error unloading entry configuration.yaml for sensor
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 353, in async_unload
    result = await component.async_unload_entry(hass, self)  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/sensor/__init__.py", line 77, in async_unload_entry
    return await hass.data[DOMAIN].async_unload_entry(entry)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 174, in async_unload_entry
    raise ValueError("Config entry was never loaded!")
ValueError: Config entry was never loaded!

Can anyone explain how to convert an mqtt fan that has three speeds to the new percentage speeds?

I have an ifan03 and I’ve been using a template from the forum to get it set up and it works fine but now I need to change it to use the new percentages and I just can’t seem to see where to make the changes.

here is the code now.

- platform: mqtt  
    name: "Deck Fan"
    command_topic: "cmnd/deck_fan/FanSpeed"
    speed_command_topic: "cmnd/deck_fan/FanSpeed"    
    state_topic: "stat/deck_fan/RESULT"
    speed_state_topic: "stat/deck_fan/RESULT"
    state_value_template: >
      {% if value_json.FanSpeed is defined %}
        {% if value_json.FanSpeed == 0 -%}off{%- elif value_json.FanSpeed > 0 -%}on{%- endif %}
      {% else %}
        {% if states.fan.deck_fan.state == 'off' -%}off{%- elif states.fan.deck_fan.state == 'on' -%}on{%- endif %}
      {% endif %}
    speed_value_template: "{{ value_json.FanSpeed }}"
    availability_topic: tele/deck_fan/LWT
    payload_off: "off"
    payload_on: "on"
    payload_low_speed: "1"
    payload_medium_speed: "2"
    payload_high_speed: "3"
    payload_available: Online
    payload_not_available: Offline
    speeds:
      - "off"
      - low
      - medium
      - high

How do I convert the speed values of 0,1, 2, 3 (off, low, medium, high) to speed percentages for the percent command and percent state?

I had the same question. Didn’t know unique id generation was an option for add on vscode and can’t see any docs that describe it. I suspect there are a whole bunch of cool things I don’t know the vscode add on can do.

it’s naive to think that everyone contributes with a code. I’ve seen no such requirement on this forum. It’s not closed community available for code contributors only.
it’s also naive to not expect criticism on work which is suboptimal.

I pointed to what is wrong with current implementation. Providing valid examples. It’s wise to make use of this information.
Why everytime someone informs you about issues, you go on him with ‘program it yourself’ argument instead of returning unpolished/unfinished the work to original developer? Hi is responsible for work he has done. Not me

4 Likes

How long do anayltics take to show up online? There were four installations in NZ, I enabled analytics, restarted HA; reloaded the analytics page (with a cache clear) and there are still four in NZ.

Focus your cursor where you want the id. Then type ‘gen’ in the command box and you should see a generate uuid command in the list of available options. Click it.

Normally every hour, but there is an update issue currently.

I don’t think you understand what this project is about. It is free for a reason. People use their spare time to develop this (except the Nabu Casa folks). You seem to take this for granted when you are calling other people’s work suboptimal. People do there best in the limited time they have to contribute to this project. If you have time to write and complain, you certainly also have time to contribute to the project. It is a two way street.

6 Likes

try this:

- platform: mqtt
    name: "Master Bedroom Fan"
    command_topic: "cmnd/iFan03-2/FanSpeed"
    state_topic: "stat/iFan03-2/RESULT"
    state_value_template: >
      {% if value_json.FanSpeed is defined %}
        {% if value_json.FanSpeed == 0 -%}off{%- elif value_json.FanSpeed > 0 -%}on{%- endif %}
      {% else %}
        {% if states.fan.master_bedroom_fan.state == 'off' -%}off{%- elif states.fan.master_bedroom_fan.state == 'on' -%}on{%- endif %}
      {% endif %}
    availability_topic: tele/iFan03-2/LWT
    payload_off: "off"
    payload_on: "on"
    payload_available: Online
    payload_not_available: Offline
    percentage_command_template: >
      {% if value == 33 %}
      {% elif value == 67 %}
      {% elif value == 100 %}
      {% else %}
      {% endif %}
    percentage_command_topic: "cmnd/iFan03-2/FanSpeed"
    percentage_state_topic: "stat/iFan03-2/RESULT"
    percentage_value_template: >
      {% if value_json.FanSpeed == 1 %}
      {% elif value_json.FanSpeed == 2 %}
      {% elif value_json.FanSpeed == 3 %}
      {% else %}
      {% endif %}

it seems to be working except I can’t figure out how to limit the step stops in the speed slider for the pop up to be only three steps.

Right now it has steps of 1% instead of 33%.

Does anyone know how to define how many speeds there are for the mqtt fan?

That doesn’t seem to be an option like it is for the template fan.

15min after startup, and every 24h after that (and when you change reporting prefrences)

is what Ludeeus said in the beta chat.

Thanks for the update, Homekit was broken for me and then I found that the port has recently, actually today, changed and I guess that’s the reason why it didn’t make it into the breaking changes.

Can someone please update the breaking changes for Homekit? It might help some people.
Info: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/47491

The site updates hourly Nick

Around 45 seconds

I understand very well what this is project is about. Not the first nor the last open source community driven one over the world. There are code contributors and users.
The devs use their free time for development because they decided so. Likely they love this work for various reasons.
Users use product of their work also providing feedback. It is something normal and expected. Wonder what you not understand in it.

The fact that the work is done in free time doesn’t mean that feedback may not contain issues description. Also it doesn’t mean that users must contribute to the code if they want to point to lacks (which is taken as negative attitude obviously)

Please be so kind not telling me what I have to do in my free time. You are not entitled to so. In some circles it may be even cosidered to be bad behaviour.

1 Like

How do we find the version of OS, HA and latest version available now ?

Since the upgrade to 2021.4.0 I can’t see any of these sensors/entities.

I read there was a supervisor integration but I can’t see this neither

Thanks

Martyn

Supervisor should automatically be available in your integrations page, no need to install it’ll just be on this page:

Open your Home Assistant instance and show your integrations.

EDIT: This is only available if you are on HassOS or Supervised installs.

1 Like

Regarding the Analytics, I am running Home Assistant Core in a Docker container. Is my install counted under “Core” or “Container”?

What does it say in Configuration / Info ?