2021.4: For our advanced users ❤️

I have the same problem.
Does anyone have any idea what’s going on?

Screenshot 2021-04-23 094049

Same here: :roll_eyes:

I checked the update addon log.
I don’t understand the errors. Could that be the problem?

The same problem as what? You don’t reply to anyone in particular, and the post above yours has no problem stated.

If you are seeing a screen suggesting you downgrade, ignore it, it is harmless.

Do you collect posts or what is this answer?
People who follow the thread know what the problem i mean.

And it has been answered multiple times. Here and elsewhere. Please use the search function before posting.

It’s a known issue.

It has not been fixed yet.

No because the thread is 770+ posts long and there is more than just your issue. Grow the hell up.

I used the search function…
and thanks for the short info

:clap: applause…
and thank you for your support

have a look here, to see the status of the various issues (and fixes/duplicates)

3 Likes

Hi everyone!
One simple question, after this update, I got a lot of Teplate variable warning which is of course expected.
But how do I debug these? When reading the warning message, I do not know in which file, which line, or maybe which custom_component is causing the issue. I am sure I missed something…

Source: helpers/template.py:1335
First occurred: April 23, 2021, 11:56:00 PM (2126 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:15:00 AM

Template variable warning: dict object has no element Undefined when rendering '{% set values = {'idle':'off','heat':'heating','cool':'cooling','fan only':'fan'} %}{{ values[value_json.running_state] }}'
Template variable warning: 'dict object' has no attribute 'click' when rendering '{{ value_json.click }}'
Template variable warning: 'dict object' has no attribute 'action' when rendering '{{ value_json.action }}'
Template variable warning: 'dict object' has no attribute 'power_on_behavior' when rendering '{{ value_json.power_on_behavior }}'
Template variable warning: 'mappingproxy object' has no attribute 'icon' when rendering '{%- for item in states.sensor if ( not is_state_attr(item.entity_id, 'hidden', true) and ( is_state_attr(item.entity_id, 'device_class', 'battery') or 'battery' in item.attributes.icon | lower or (item.entity_id | lower).endswith('_bat') or (item.name | lower).endswith('_bat') ) or ( ( 'battery' in item.entity_id | lower or 'battery' in item.name | lower ) and ( item.attributes.icon is not defined ) and ( not is_state_attr(item.entity_id, 'battery_alert_disabled', true) ) and ( not is_state_attr(item.entity_id, 'restored', true) ) ) ) -%} {{ item.entity_id }}{% if not loop.last %}, {% endif %} {%- endfor -%}'

It gives you the full template you can search for. That last one has issues with quotes. Use double quotes outside your template and single quotes inside.

I am sorry to look stupid. How do I search for the full template ? I have many files and right now I use the FIle editor addon. Maybe I should use another one?

Don’t know about the file editor addon but the editor I use (VSCode) you press ctrl+f to find then paste what you are searching for into the find field.

1 Like

And this work among all the files and all the folders that you have? Meaning I do not need to open each file containing code and do ctrl+f each time?
Because with File editor, the search is limited to the current file displayed on the screen.

See this post, about 10 posts up

2 Likes

Thank you @petro, thank you @tom_l

1 Like

I am still doing something wrong I guess…

Is there a reason the “latest” version is a lower release date than what I have installed for both CORE and Supervisor?

Did you set the files to include?

Also exclude the home-assistant.log file.

Yes there is. Read up a few posts.