2021.4: For our advanced users ❤️

Why on earth would you want all the combinations?

e.g. There’s no point having a comma for a thousands separator and the decimal point. That would just be confusing.

you should ask the author. (see the screenshot from blog). but afaik, after quick research, coma for thousand separator is used in USA

anyway I’m asking for no thousands separator and coma for decimal - not possible.

BTW there are more things to consider when formatting numbers. Position of negative sign, position of percentage sign or units etc.
I doubt it’s smart to use single dropdown to cover all useable combos

Yes but it is not used as the decimal point as well, in that case.

Not all combinations are valid.

Please don’t shout without knowing what you are talking about, please. We use the formats of a language, as that is how the browser works.

doesn’t the new feature extend number formatting with formats not related to selected language?

In fact browsers give option to set all those separators independently.

Did I said that? If so I meant meaningful combos
Anyway frameworks give possibility to set all those things separatelly. Thats why my initial question comes from: why to limit those options? I doubt a user would chose coma for thousands and decimal separators. If so, it wouldn’thurt anyone. Limitations of the solution will.

If you think it should be different then how it is implemented now. I think i am speaking for every one when I say that you are more then welcome to contribute to Home Assistant if you think you can do a better job. :smile:

2 Likes

None leaves the numeric value untouched from the backend. It effectively reverts to the behavior before number formatting was implemented last October.

I think you may need to enable those sensors now that the integration moved to config flow…check the integration page for disabled entities

Awesome work! :smile: Thanks to everyone who contribute to this awesome project!

I have 2 Air Purifiers and both after automatic import lost all the entities. One device one entity, no disabled entities.

Hive integration doesn’t seem to work for me, I get “Unknown error occurred” when entering my login details in the UI.

Log details - https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/NzC7WjvSvY/

You have a much bigger change to get this bug fixed if you create an issue over at github :smiley:

That PR is not listed in breaking changes :

But ! If you do have one of the removed integrations of discovery listed in the ignore list (i had freebox) it will fail to setup discovery.
This won’t make your HA down but one component will not start and you’ll have to reboot after the update process, once again.
Would have been nice to be warned !

those attributes are still part of the entity from what I see on my end

For the 2021.4: For our advanced users :heart: - Home Assistant (home-assistant.io) update - I think it is critical to tell people that they must enter their desired z-wave device configuration parameters and then leave the page loaded for at least as long as it takes for the target device to check in.

You must have been reading my mind on this feature though, I was using the old developers tools workflow to change some configuration parameters and then this dropped and now I not only know all available (well, not all - some are missing but that is up to the Z-Wave JS Config DB Browser (zwave-js.io) to update) parameters AND THEIR CURRENT VALUE. As it stood with the older workflow… you had no way to query the current config parameter. Now, you can see exactly how the device is configured on the network. EXCELLENT. THANK YOU!!!

1 Like

They are, but can You use it, in automation for example… If AQI is higher than, then do this…? Or use it in the entity card, among other environmental entities?

Seeing this after upgrading from 2021.3.3 (running on Python 3.8 venv on Win10):

Logger: scapy.runtime
Source: c:\home assistant\lib\site-packages\scapy\error.py:101
First occurred: 21:40:01 (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 21:40:01

No libpcap provider available ! pcap won't be used
    No default IPv4 routes found. Your Windows release may no be supported and you have to enter your routes manually

Anybody else?

For the 2021.4: For our advanced users :heart: - Home Assistant (home-assistant.io) update - I think it is critical to tell people that they must enter their desired z-wave device configuration parameters and then leave the page loaded for at least as long as it takes for the target device to check in.

Once you change a parameter (within like 1 second) it sends the set configuration request to the server, so you should not need to keep the page open.

However, for battery devices, if you refresh the page it may show the old value until the device checks in and accepts it.

2 Likes

you can put them in a template sensor and use them like a normal sensor…its how we all do it today