2021.4: For our advanced users ❤️

Met.no will fail to setup if the location is not correct. Did you configure your location?

I get the same error.
I am running HA OS in a Proxmox VM.

Speedtest working fine here with HA Container.

It was running perfectly fine before the update. I just double checked again and there is no problem with the location. It is working if I reload it manually.

There was a change to the integration as requested by the met.no developers
Weather forecast spam for a Dutch herring fast food shop · Issue #48730 · home-assistant/core (github.com)

is your location set correctly under configuration > general or in configuration.yaml

I’ve got a problem. I’m getting an error where recorder can’t migrate my MySQL database, which is stored on my NAS:

Error during connection setup to mysql://<SNIP>/hassio?charset=utf8: (MySQLdb._exceptions.ProgrammingError) (1064, “You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '(6), MODIFY created DATETIME(6)' at line 1”) [SQL: ALTER TABLE events MODIFY time_fired DATETIME(6), MODIFY created DATETIME(6)] (Background on this error at: Error Messages — SQLAlchemy 1.3 Documentation) (retrying in 3 seconds)

Due to this, several things are not starting correctly. The version of MySQL I’m running is not something I can easily upgrade, since it’s part of my NAS, and not something under my control. It’s 5.5.62-0+deb8u1

I’m not really sure what to do. If I can force the database migration manually, I do have the ability to edit it.

EDIT: See reply below.

But you know…

Why do it for all of them if they are working correctly?

If one stops working then you can expend the effort to add it at that point.

Is there any other advantage to having the debugging running on all automations all the time.

Well, besides being really cool feature? :laughing:

1 Like

It is set correctly. It has always been.
I have tried saving my location again.
I tried delete the integration, reboot HA, re-add the integration combination.
None of them worked.
The only way is to manually reload the integration after HA reboot everytime.

I’ve got a 16GB Database sitting in MariaDB - so far I’m 2 1/2 hours into this upgrade on an i3 Intel NUC.

Maybe redesign the process to provide a progress meter for next time?

Because mild OCD?

That’s my excuse.

6 Likes

Same problem here…using Hass.io. Can’t really figure out the problem. Doesn’t appear speedtest.py has changed.

It also allows me to edit the automations via the GUI. I figure I may as well investigate that option at some point.

1 Like

I definitely haven’t seen the benefit in that to me yet.

I started putting them in all my automations a long time ago when the editor came out but once I decided I liked doing the automations manually I quit adding them.

I’m sure there are a few of them with id’s still kicking around out there in my system but I just don’t worry about it (sorry tom… :wink:) but none of them are in my automations.yaml file so I still can’t edit them thru the UI. And I wouldn’t anyway due to the editor re-organizing and stripping out comments.

Man, you gotta love release day! Not only does HA constantly improve, but the forum comes alive, with the worst and the best coming out in everyone.

I thought releases were on the first Thursday of the month so was on baited breath all Easter, but it is on Wednesday, so had to wait until this week.

I love the automation debugger, the analytics is cool and the new supervisor entities are great.

7 Likes

Good point. I forgot about that issue.

1 Like

I should have looked here first, but I just discovered this on my own as well after a while of digging. Please @frenck can you update the HomeKit breaking changes for future poor souls? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I lost the weather and the speedtest

Thank you very much guys, this is one of the best releases in the last years (imho). :slight_smile:

Love the statistics and how they are implemented! :+1:

1 Like

I got into the habit a long time ago writing all of my automations using this format. I knew it would come in handy someday! The nice thing this format is the automation id always matches the entity_id of the automation :grinning:

- id: alarm_announcements
  alias: "[Alarm] Announcements"
  description: House alarm TTS announcements.
  etc.
1 Like

How do I know when the database migration is done? There’s not a message in the log for completion and I want to reboot the server because some HACS packages have been updated.