2021.4: For our advanced users ❤️

Just a hint for undefined template variables in scripts if you’re using fields as optional parameters. You can redeclare the field as a variable with a default to kill the warnings instead of giving the field “variable” a default value everywhere it’s used if you’re using it several times.

In this case tts_override will have the field value in the script sequence or false if the script wasn’t called with a tts_override variable.

tts_play:
  alias: TTS Play
  description: Play TTS announcement message.
  fields:
    tts_override:
      description: Override service to use for TTS.
      example: polly
  variables:
    tts_override: "{{ tts_override|default(false) }}"
  sequence:
    etc. etc.

Look a few comments up about your met weather integration failing.

So this is how much I can to trust the new update. I’m not even checking the breaking changes anymore.

1 Like

xiaomi_miio platform error :sob:

Logger: homeassistant.config
Source: components/xiaomi_miio/__init__.py:5
First occurred: 下午3:37:28 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 下午3:37:28

Platform error: remote
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config.py", line 847, in async_process_component_config
    platform = p_integration.get_platform(domain)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py", line 485, in get_platform
    cache[full_name] = self._import_platform(platform_name)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py", line 490, in _import_platform
    return importlib.import_module(f"{self.pkg_path}.{platform_name}")
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/importlib/__init__.py", line 127, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1014, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 991, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 961, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1014, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 991, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 975, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 671, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 783, in exec_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/xiaomi_miio/__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
    from miio.gateway.gateway import GatewayException
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'miio.gateway.gateway'; 'miio.gateway' is not a package

I “fixed” the broken database migration.

I decided to just switch to the MariaDB add-on. The main reason I was using the external DB before was because I was on a Raspberry Pi 3 with a normal SD card. I’m now running on an RPi 4 (4Gb) with a large SSD, so I think the performance will be fine.

I also took the time to use mysqldump to export the old data and import it to the new DB before rebooting. Then the migration was able to complete. At least this way I have a complete history, excluding the 2 hours or so I missed due to the upgrade issues.

I’m sorry for anyone else who might be stuck with this, since I don’t think this is going to be a plausible fix for most people who have this issue. I wanted to at least comment what I did.

There probably needs to be a minimum version for MySQL, and if it’s not enough, the recorder integration should fail with a warning.

Works pretty great that way. Not had a problem since I started using this.

Because I am using a split brain network config my remote HomeKit decided to stop working. I have a 192.168.x.x and 10.10.x.x network.

I included the “old” way of zeroconf back and now everything is well again. It’s the part about the default_interface that was needed. I aso remove IPv6 because I am not using it. Just put these commands in configuration.yaml at the top:

zeroconf:
  default_interface: false
  ipv6: false

PS
Don’t forget to restart the server :slight_smile:

1 Like

not sure why but now my automations no longer work even the simple ones are broken

I use !secret in automations for my lock codes and that seems to have broken the editor page in the UI with this release i get an error 500 if usercode: !secret name_that_secret is used in the automations.yaml file. Is that expected behavior. If so how do i fix it moving forward. I use secrets through out automations and scripts. Thanks for any insights.

@ch1ppo, did it finish for you? After how long? My 13GB MariaDB on a Raspberry Pi 4 been going for over 5 hours.

I gave up at 4, backed up and deleted the database.

Lost my history but at least the lights work again

1 Like

Still hoping for actual folders/sorting…Having (for example) “Camera AI” “Power Outages” “GMAIL Notifications” as areas seems kind of like a rough workaround

Hey maxym,
I think what everyone reacts to is the attitude

Just make a feature request of the desired behavior or even better as already mentioned - contribute. Well putting your thoughts and research in a feature request is also contributing.

Sir/mam, again it`s the attitude and afterall isn´t this what you are asking from others?

8 Likes

Speedtest no longer works for me either.

3 Likes

Great calendar here: https://developers.home-assistant.io/

I added the calendar into my family calendar which I show on my default lovelace. That is everyone in my family’s heads up that I am going to be busy that day.

So , even without a calendar:

The beta test period always starts on the last Wednesday of each month.

The release is a week after that: the first Wednesday of each month.

:slight_smile:

Speedtest no longer works for me either :frowning:

1 Like

Looks like Analytics broke after 4pm? Total increases but everything else is flat. Looks like someone found this and there is currently an issue handling the data.

Hello. he happened to me. Reboot from terminal (CLI), after doing this, it should disappear.
ha core restart

Hey Frenck,
Great work with the team on automations tracing. Is there a way, I can change the amount of history being taken? Currently you’re taking 5 snapshots of automations run. In my case, I’d need to modify this to 7 for one automation.
thanks
Ralph