2021.5: Stability, performance, triggers, color modes!

yes this is really cool. But how to actually achieve this :slight_smile: is there a guide on this I have missed.?

On GitHub, create an issue there… i havent updated yet, so I cant

Do not update if you have MS SQL database or else :slight_smile: you will get in trouble…

Any ideas for me?

E.g. (no changes with this release, done in one of the last releases, but just as an example) callmonitor, before: a lot of options in config.yaml. Now since some time in UI. Changes in documentations here:

If there are now changes in host, port, id, user, pw, options, … everything could be adjusted in yaml. And How to do it now? There are no options in this integration. And there are no options in most of the ofter integrations I use, which were moved from yamlt to UI. Perhaps the setup is moved now, but how to adjust if needed?

I have the same issue with the Lovelace control cards for Tasmota lights being broken (both for lights configured with MQTT integration and those configured with the Tasmota integration).

The issue was logged in detail as a bug during development:

but then it looks like it was just closed and ignored without being fixed in the PR:

Further, the reason given for implementing the breaking change:

Tasmota lights no longer supports deprecated white_value, use rgbw_color instead.

does not seem to be mentioned anywhere in the Tasmota changelogs:

(and I have tested that setting a value for ‘white’ still works fine for Tasmota lights, whether from the Tasmota console or MQTT, including for the latest 9.4.0.3 Tasmota release.)

So there certainly seems to be something odd going on here.

@emontnemery could you please take a look at this, including the bug report issue #50095 (linked above).

3 Likes

Yeah I’d assumed that after reading the documentation hence the “dumb question” comment in my post, but thanks for confirming - I didn’t want to make a massive set of changes based on my reading comprehension alone.

I should be able to workaround keeping the previous object id (e.g. sensor.wan in my example) which prevents me redoing some composite sensors, automation references etc. with some judicious titling and tooltipping in Lovelace.

Were there any breaking changes to zwavejs like zwave_js_value_notification events? I am not getting any events on minimote button press whereas i can see it in the log on zwavejs2mqtt.

denonavr users, i reported the issue :

2 Likes

Hello ! I’ve got the same error :frowning:
What do you mean by “rebuild zwavejs2mqtt” ? :slight_smile:
Thanks !

HI,

anyone can help me here

21-05-06 13:11:52 INFO (SyncWorker_0) [supervisor.docker.interface] Updating image homeassistant/raspberrypi4-64-homeassistant:landingpage to homeassistant/raspberrypi4-64-homeassistant:2021.5.0
21-05-06 13:11:52 INFO (SyncWorker_0) [supervisor.docker.interface] Downloading docker image homeassistant/raspberrypi4-64-homeassistant with tag 2021.5.0.
21-05-06 13:11:54 ERROR (SyncWorker_0) [supervisor.docker.interface] Can't install homeassistant/raspberrypi4-64-homeassistant:2021.5.0 -> 500 Server Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.40/images/homeassistant/raspberrypi4-64-homeassistant:2021.5.0/json: Internal Server Error ("readlink /mnt/data/docker/overlay2: invalid argument").
21-05-06 13:11:54 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Error on Home Assistant

I started from a fresh imagine, but it doens’t work

I get the same 2 error message every 10 seconds since update. I don’t have a clue where even to look, can someone give me an idea?

2021-05-06 15:21:30 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Future exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
2021-05-06 15:21:30 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Future exception was never retrieved
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
1 Like

I dont know how you installed zwavejsqmqtt, was it via npm or from git?

Hello guys, did anyone have tried to configure the new integration for the iAlarm alarm system?
I have the the XR main unit from Antifurto365.

My HA instance is on the same layer-2 network as the alarm unit and I can ping it from HA with no problem at all.

Thanks

I get only this for a Move:

2021-05-06 15:48:39 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved                                                                                                                     
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/sonos/speaker.py", line 261, in async_update_device_properties                                                                                                                                                      
    await self.async_update_battery_info(battery_dict)                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/sonos/speaker.py", line 270, in async_update_battery_info                                                                                                                                                           
    if is_charging == self.charging:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/sonos/speaker.py", line 289, in charging                                                                                                                                                                            
    return self.power_source != "BATTERY"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/sonos/speaker.py", line 284, in power_source                                                                                                                                                                        
    return self.battery_info["PowerSource"]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable               

Anyone with the same problem or any advice?

Nice to see the announcement of color wheel support for RGBW devices. But I also see that I have to be patient to enjoy this for my Fibaro RGBW441 and RGBW442 devices.

They were working with OpenZWave Beta. I’m missing this with ZWave JS + ZWave2MQTT…

1 Like

device_tracker seems it didn’t work with fritzbox anymore, and adding it as integration add’s a lot of *_2 entities and im not willing to rewrite all automations, scripts and so on. how did i get rid of the *_2 problem, or how can it just ignore the new integration and for gods sake use the old one who worked fine?

same here. dozens of *_2 entities right now, and all are not_home even if they are.

Can you guys please move the deprecated vs legacy debate to another thread? Way too much back and forth on this subject in the blog post.

6 Likes

Delete your known_devices.yaml file and restart HA

when that happens, the _2 ones are the newly created ones, and you should try to delete the old ones. In/from known_devices.yaml.
If a restart after that doesn’t work that out for you, you can manually delete them from the core.entity_registry, but you can break your config if you make a mistake… so be very careful.

After that, repeat, if not already automatically done, you can rename all _2 ones and delete the suffix in the integration configuration panel

unless of course your _2 ones are created by another integration than the current ones, and then you should not delete the old ones, but rename the new _2 ones.

This is probably not your case as you moved from a manual yaml configuration to a new config UI integration?