2021.5: Stability, performance, triggers, color modes!

you should issue a bug in the GitHub core, for this to be picked up. If it’s a bug of course, and not per changed design :wink:

and remove

device_tracker:
  - platform: fritz

if you still have it in your configuration.yaml

2 Likes

killed my asuswrt can no longer log into my router even if i try to reinstall the intergration

sorted the no climate control in hive by updating to new custom compondent version

it’s fix here : Not working on 2021.05b · Issue #110 · basnijholt/adaptive-lighting · GitHub

2 Likes

Second that. It’s a little annoying.

I’ve fixed this changing the .storage/core.config_entries file. Since the serial directory is removed I changed the config to the actual device.

Example:

Before

{
                "entry_id": "d892977c46807f9f1130b3691699e954",
                "version": 2,
                "domain": "zha",
                "title": "/dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2402551-if00",
                "data": {
                    "device": {
                        "path": "/dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2402551-if00"
                    },
                    "radio_type": "deconz"
                },
                "options": {},
                "system_options": {
                    "disable_new_entities": false
                },
                "source": "user",
                "connection_class": "local_push",
                "unique_id": null,
                "disabled_by": null
            },

After

{
                "entry_id": "d892977c46807f9f1130b3691699e954",
                "version": 2,
                "domain": "zha",
                "title": "/dev/ttyACM0",
                "data": {
                    "device": {
                        "path": "/dev/ttyACM0"
                    },
                    "radio_type": "deconz"
                },
                "options": {},
                "system_options": {
                    "disable_new_entities": false
                },
                "source": "user",
                "connection_class": "local_push",
                "unique_id": null,
                "disabled_by": null
            },

I found the new path using below command on the docker host:

dmesg | grep tty

Thanks! This fixed my Synology setup !

Going from this comment, it seems the issue may be that if lights support colour modes then supported_features is ignored.

You may need to check if supported_color_modes can be set in customize in the same way as supported_features.

I am having the same problem. Motion gets detected, never clears. Worked fine until 2021.5. Amcrest camera platform for me, as well.

3 Likes

Before the update the following was enough:

device_tracker:
  - platform: fritz

After the update, I now have to enter my Fritzbox username and password? I do not want to store my password in Home Assistant.
Is there a way to not have to?

2 Likes

I added the new integration, configured it using the local iAlarm IP and I can see the alarm entity. I was able to enable “home” mode but then I get the following error and the allarm became unavailable. any idea?

2021-05-08 00:08:15 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.ialarm] Unexpected error fetching ialarm data: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyialarm/pyialarm.py", line 229, in _clean_response_dict
    i = int(i)
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'Total'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/update_coordinator.py", line 180, in _async_refresh
    self.data = await self._async_update_data()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/ialarm/__init__.py", line 83, in _async_update_data
    await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(self._update_data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/ialarm/__init__.py", line 74, in _update_data
    status = self.ialarm.get_status()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyialarm/pyialarm.py", line 125, in get_status
    zone_status = self._send_request_list('/Root/Host/GetByWay', command)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyialarm/pyialarm.py", line 67, in _send_request_list
    total = self._clean_response_dict(response, '%s/Total' % xpath)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyialarm/pyialarm.py", line 232, in _clean_response_dict
    response = response.get(i)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'

Check home assistant configuration throws an error so I’m holding off for now

[19:14:47] ERROR: The configuration check did not pass!
[19:14:47] ERROR: See the output below for more details.
Testing configuration at /tmp/config
grep: write error: Broken pipe
ERROR:homeassistant.config:Invalid config for [automation]: Integration 'zha' not found (See /tmp/config/configuration.yaml, line 16). 

That line in configuration.yaml just includes automations.yaml.
In my automations.yaml I have this

trigger:
  - device_id: 2985c99c4f7d790002a51f5d306320e6
    domain: zha
    platform: device
    type: device_flipped
    subtype: face_6

I didn’t see any breaking changes for zha

Hi there,
till now I had multiple Google Maps Travel Time Sensors in different languages.
The last Update killed all this sensors with “different” Language. Whatever I try to get them back, it’s not possible.
Does anyone know how to get back this Sensor in other languages?
Many Thanks in advance.

Hi,
Has anyone else noticed that disk usage has started to increase faster after updating from 2021.4.6 to 2021.5.?
Setup: HASSOS & RasPi4 4Gb.

I have two identical HW setups running parallel and another interesting change is that the one that has ZwaveJS integration raspi processor runs at 45°C and other one has old Z-wave integration where temps are around 40°C. Otherwise all addons and integrations are same. Is that normal?

@ThePirat, I tried telnet on 80 (the web interface) and 18034 (the new integration) from a Win10 laptop, both ports are open. I have a Antifurto365 iAlarm 3 (black device with a blue screen). I have another error (see my previous post)

@gforment, is this one the yours?

If it is so, your main unit is not an “iAlarm” one, but it’s from the “Sentinel” series.

Mine is this one instead.

if my guess turned out to be right, we would have a problem (with the integration) because it would mean that the integration is not compatible with the iAlarm main unit, as indicated, but only with the Sentinel series.

I just double-checked the ports on my unit and the 18034 is definitely closed.

So I was able to get the white brightness slider to show by adding rgbw to supported_color_modes, but upon achieving this goal the light became unresponsive when trying to control from the UI save for the brightness slider. The color wheel stopped working entirely. Interestingly I could still control color from alexa.

Notice in the screenshots the light still shows a pink color even though green is selected. I’m also curious as to what exactly the color brightness slider is supposed to do. On a ESP8285 controller that is recognized correctly it does nothing. The white brightness slider controls the white channel and the brightness slider controls the rgb brightness.

rgbw_no_workie1

@ThePirat this is mine, quite an old one.
Old web scraping integration worked, maybe I can bring it back as workaround

I’m also still able to set the white channel directly with a service call, it appears only the UI has s*** the bed.

service: light.turn_on
target:
  entity_id:
    - light.qubino_goap_zmnhwd1_flush_rgbw_dimmer_level
data:
  white_value: 255

For those having issues with RGBW lights with this latest update this allows control of all four channels still.

service: light.turn_on
target:
  entity_id:
    - light.YOUR_LIGHTS_NAME_HERE
data:
  white_value: 255
  rgb_color: