2021.5: Stability, performance, triggers, color modes!

not that it will prevent the error you see, but you might safer write those template like:

friendly_name_template: "{{ state_attr('switch.driveway_light','friendly_name'))} Current"
value_template: '{{ state_attr('switch.driveway_light','current_a') | float }}

consider the startup considerations

since the update the boolean sensors provided by the sure petcare integration to indicate when my cats arrive/leave via the catflap have stopped working… they appear ok but there are no updates

I think it fails on the SSL-sertificate.
To make it work you have to have ssl: false in your motionEye addon config.
You also have to set a port to your web-interface in the same place.
Then use http://ip:port in the integration configuration. You can also use the hostname (a0d7b954-motioneye) here.
I found that it gives an error if you have blank passwords, so you should probably make them.

1 Like

I never told you to remove it. I wasn’t even talking to you. I was talking to the people who use Fritz box. You you and Others decided to bring me into a deprecation argument. Do whatever you wanna do, I don’t care.

3 Likes

@ben1410 Switching to the template function approach does indeed “resolve” the issue and is the preferred syntax anyway, see warning here: Templating - Home Assistant

Since I’m looking to do something similar, can I ask what may be a dumb question?

Can I translate a legacy template:

wan:
   friendly_name: "Internet Connection"
   value_template: "{% if is_state('binary_sensor.WAN_Check_BBC', 'off') and is_state('binary_sensor.WAN_Check_OpenDNS', 'off') %}Offline{% else %}Online{% endif %}"

to modern:

- name: wan 
  friendly_name: "Internet Connection"
  state: "{% if is_state('binary_sensor.WAN_Check_BBC', 'off') and is_state('binary_sensor.WAN_Check_OpenDNS', 'off') %}Offline{% else %}Online{% endif %}"

retaining the friendly name for display use? or do I need to factor display name choices into migrating?

Is this needed, legacy not supported anymore?

No I believe it’s still supported - I just like the idea of centralising my template sensors as I have a lot of them.
However I cannot see friendly_name detailed under the ‘modern configuration’ section of the integration documents - which will add a multiplier to the time required to shift my configuration around.

To have it decoupled from HA. Like a ZHA docker container instead.

You mean like using zigbee2mqtt?

1 Like

Exactly. Not sure why anybody is confused. I think some are confusing deprecating something with decommissioning something.

Yes but zha is not zigbee2mqtt. I like the way it works with the zwavejsmqtt container which has the option to enable a websocket link to ha instead of mqtt.

38 posts were split to a new topic: Migrating legacy templates to the new template section

I have not, will do. I have an AVR-X3000.

Ah , i have 4000, it’s the same… Ok, gonna wait then for update… Can you report?

Integration setup times in info panel are very useful. How about sorting by them?

1 Like

I’m not sure where to report, and I won’t be able to do it before getting home tonight (it’s 8:37 AM now here). Would you mind doing it?
Thanks a lot.
Tales

yes this is really cool. But how to actually achieve this :slight_smile: is there a guide on this I have missed.?

On GitHub, create an issue there… i havent updated yet, so I cant

Do not update if you have MS SQL database or else :slight_smile: you will get in trouble…