2021.5: Stability, performance, triggers, color modes!

Known_devices was deprecated years ago. You have to do everything through the UI now.

Thatā€™s pretty normal on an RPi3 where everything is competing for disk I/O at startup. We did do some work to reduce the amount of writes in this version. There is a bit more next month, however itā€™s always going to be bound by the performance of the device and the underlying storage so I wouldnā€™t expect more than a few ms improvement.

5 Likes

Getting the HACS ā€œFailed to set upā€ warning in ā€œIntegrationsā€. Itā€™s not really affecting my setup right now, so thatā€™s less of a bother.

However, my IQVIA integration had the same error, so I deleted it and tried to re-add it and now it fails to add. Says that something went wrong during setup and then the integration ā€œfailed to loadā€. A reboot of HA gets rid of it. Any ideas?

After the update I have a failure in Denon integration generating a log entry every 20 seconds:

2021-05-05 22:49:33 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.denonavr.media_player] Error Not all attributes updated, those are left: {AppCommandCmd(cmd_id='1', cmd_text='GetToneControl', name=None, param_list=None, set_command=None, response_pattern=(AppCommandResponsePattern(update_attribute='_tone_control_status', add_zone=False, suffix='/status', get_xml_attribute=None), AppCommandResponsePattern(update_attribute='_tone_control_adjust', add_zone=False, suffix='/adjust', get_xml_attribute=None), AppCommandResponsePattern(update_attribute='_bass_level', add_zone=False, suffix='/basslevel', get_xml_attribute=None), AppCommandResponsePattern(update_attribute='_bass', add_zone=False, suffix='/bassvalue', get_xml_attribute=None), AppCommandResponsePattern(update_attribute='_treble_level', add_zone=False, suffix='/treblelevel', get_xml_attribute=None), AppCommandResponsePattern(update_attribute='_treble', add_zone=False, suffix='/treblevalue', get_xml_attribute=None))): None} occurred in method async_update for Denon AVR receiver
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/denonavr/media_player.py", line 173, in wrapper
    return await func(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/denonavr/media_player.py", line 224, in async_update
    await self._receiver.async_update()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/denonavr/denonavr.py", line 173, in async_update
    await self.tonecontrol.async_update(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/denonavr/tonecontrol.py", line 72, in async_update
    await self.async_update_tone_control(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/denonavr/tonecontrol.py", line 81, in async_update_tone_control
    await self.async_update_attrs_appcommand(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/denonavr/foundation.py", line 550, in async_update_attrs_appcommand
    raise AvrProcessingError(
denonavr.exceptions.AvrProcessingError: Not all attributes updated, those are left: {AppCommandCmd(cmd_id='1', cmd_text='GetToneControl', name=None, param_list=None, set_command=None, response_pattern=(AppCommandResponsePattern(update_attribute='_tone_control_status', add_zone=False, suffix='/status', get_xml_attribute=None), AppCommandResponsePattern(update_attribute='_tone_control_adjust', add_zone=False, suffix='/adjust', get_xml_attribute=None), AppCommandResponsePattern(update_attribute='_bass_level', add_zone=False, suffix='/basslevel', get_xml_attribute=None), AppCommandResponsePattern(update_attribute='_bass', add_zone=False, suffix='/bassvalue', get_xml_attribute=None), AppCommandResponsePattern(update_attribute='_treble_level', add_zone=False, suffix='/treblelevel', get_xml_attribute=None), AppCommandResponsePattern(update_attribute='_treble', add_zone=False, suffix='/treblevalue', get_xml_attribute=None))): None}

Has anyone else seen this? Any hints?

Thanks
Tales

2 Likes

The dev changelog has additional breaking changes for custom integrations, and the sun component is one of them, so the integration needs to be modified

1 Like

I also have this issues.

Painless upgrade, as always :slight_smile:

Have you reported the denon avr issue on GitHub? Then i can subscribe before info the updateā€¦ What model do you have?

Same issue and log messages here.

What if you are on the older version?
Iā€™m still in March version, what happens if I upgrade to this version. Will I get the above upgrade type or the April with hours of downtime?

I am seeing the same behaviour, although I did not have the FRITZ!Box Tools installed via HACS, I did have the Fritz Box Device Tracker configured via YAML. With the new integration, that popped up, I do now have a lot of duplicate known devices. Is there any way to clean these up again? E.g. I have automations connected to device_tracker.device1, which is now not tracked anymore, and have a duplicate device_tracker.device1_2, which is tracked, but not used in the automations.

Also, if known_devices.yaml is depricated. How to I enable/disable tracking of devices? Previously I had a lot of devices set to track: false within the known_devices.yaml. I do not see a similar action in the UI.
Can the known_devices.yaml be deleted?

I remove the Fritzbox-Tools again, removed the fritzbox-integration from .yaml, renamed the known_device.yaml, restarted HA and added the fritzbox-tools again.

The newly discovered devices now get their name from the fritzbox, without a suffix.

No idea how to disable tracking, but I donā€™t mind devices being tacked. I just donā€™t use the ones Iā€™m not interested in.

1 Like

CTRL + F5?
That usually works or reboot then CTRL + F5

Thanks. Is there any way to change the consider_home option?

Will not work as I am on a Mac. :slight_smile:
But you are correct. I used a Webapp on the Mac and after restarting it it worked.

I have a problem with all my Tasmota lights:

I can click on one of the colors, the light is shortly switching to this color and then back to white.

This is not happening with ZigBee lights!

1 Like

OK, so I guess itā€™s time to bite the bullet and rebuild my devices list.

Thereā€™s a lot in there that are either duplicates or arenā€™t recognised properly (just list as IP address or Android MAC address) so itā€™s going to be a painā€¦

I think Iā€™m going to roll back with the snapshot, then remove the configuration.yaml device tracking entry and known_devices.yaml and update again so hopefully I wonā€™t get all the duplicates again and can make it a bit more clean.

I can see there is a new blueprint under

config\blueprints\script\homeassistant\confirmable_notification.yaml

It seems to be a script. But I do not find how to use this blueprint

I have the adaptive lighting custom integration from HACS installed and I found that half my lights that I had set up with them work (the cheap ecosmart zigbee bulbs from Homedepot, brought in via ZHA) and half donā€™t (some Shelly duos with latest firmware, brought in via built in integration).

Hi,
I updated my dev box and when i restart i get this message
2021-05-06 06:43:42 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.template] Template variable warning: ā€˜Noneā€™ has no attribute ā€˜nameā€™ when rendering ā€˜{{ states.switch.lounge_tv_unit.name}} Currentā€™

2021-05-06 06:43:42 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.template] Template variable warning: ā€˜Noneā€™ has no attribute ā€˜nameā€™ when rendering ā€˜{{ states.switch.lounge_tv_unit.name}} Current Consumptionā€™

2021-05-06 06:43:42 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.template] Template variable warning: ā€˜Noneā€™ has no attribute ā€˜nameā€™ when rendering ā€˜{{ states.switch.lounge_tv_unit.name}} Total Consumptionā€™

2021-05-06 06:43:42 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.template] Template variable warning: ā€˜Noneā€™ has no attribute ā€˜nameā€™ when rendering ā€˜{{ states.switch.lounge_tv_unit.name}} Voltageā€™

2021-05-06 06:43:42 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.template] Template variable warning: ā€˜Noneā€™ has no attribute ā€˜nameā€™ when rendering ā€˜{{ states.switch.lounge_tv_unit.name}} Todayā€™s Consumptionā€™

i have this setup in my config yaml for use with the TP-Link HS110

driveway_light_amps:
          friendly_name_template: "{{ states.switch.driveway_light.name}} Current"
          value_template: '{{ states.switch.driveway_light.attributes["current_a"] | float }}'
          unit_of_measurement: 'A'
      driveway_light_watts:
          friendly_name_template: "{{ states.switch.driveway_light.name}} Current Consumption"
          value_template: '{{ states.switch.driveway_light.attributes["current_power_w"] | float }}'
          unit_of_measurement: 'W'
      driveway_light_total_kwh:
          friendly_name_template: "{{ states.switch.driveway_light.name}} Total Consumption"
          value_template: '{{ states.switch.driveway_light.attributes["total_energy_kwh"] | float }}'
          unit_of_measurement: 'kWh'
      driveway_light_volts:
          friendly_name_template: "{{ states.switch.driveway_light.name}} Voltage"
          value_template: '{{ states.switch.driveway_light.attributes["voltage"] | float }}'
          unit_of_measurement: 'V'
      driveway_light_today_kwh:
          friendly_name_template: "{{ states.switch.driveway_light.name}} Today's Consumption"
          value_template: '{{ states.switch.driveway_light.attributes["today_energy_kwh"] | float }}'
          unit_of_measurement: 'kWh'

Only started appearing on reboot after the latest update , all the entities appear to be fine ā€¦
Thanks
Ben