2021.6: A little bit of everything

I had two repositories installed

GitHub - ArtistAOP/localtuya: local handling for Tuya devices 1.1.2 - only climate thermostat moes
GitHub - rospogrigio/localtuya: local handling for Tuya devices 3.2.2 - all other device tuya

And now I had to uninstall ArtistAOP / localtuya / repository and leave only rospogrigio / localtuya working. It then lists the theromstat error: local tuya.climate not found

Solved:
I compared these two repositories and added the missing climate item to the rospogrigio repository.

1 Like

Done, mentions removed.
I didn’t know about that rule but I will keep it in mind for the future.

the first repository doesn’t include version in the manifest file and needs updating from the dev ot you do manually before it would be available again

The second one already includes the version in the manifest file, so is good to go
Kudos to this dev @rospogrigio , he included the requirement in march after a user posted an issue.

1 Like

I think Buienradar is broken. When I remove the config from my configuration.yaml as advised by the log, remove it from integration (to be sure) restart homeassitant, go to integration and add it back, it creates two entries back:

Both only return all entities “unavailabe”

1 Like

you should be able to ‘enable’ these by default disabled entities in their config pane? until then, they are indeed ‘unavailable’

1 Like

Crosspost from discord since I see the same thing is posted here as well:

Starting with Home Assistant 2021.6 all custom integrations (the folders (directories) that you have under the custom_components folder in your configuration directory) needs to have a manifest.json file, and in the file a version key need to exist containing a valid version.

If this is not present, the integration will not be loaded, and you will see logs like:

ERROR (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.loader] The custom integration 'awesome_integration' does not have a valid version key (None) in the manifest file and was blocked from loading. See https://developers.home-assistant.io/blog/2021/01/29/custom-integration-changes#versions for more details
ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for awesome_integration: Integration not found.

This has been a part of the breaking changes section since 2021.3, and was first mentioned back in January https://developers.home-assistant.io/blog/2021/01/29/custom-integration-changes

If you maintain the integration yourself, have a look at that blog post and the documentation for the manifest file https://developers.home-assistant.io/docs/creating_integration_manifest.
If you are not the maintainer of the integration and this is missing, please report that to the maintainer of it, while you wait for the maintainer to implement it, you can just add "version": "1.2.3" to the manifest.json file yourself. use https://jsonlint.com/ to make sure it’s valid JSON before restarting.

5 Likes

I read that MIND was not supported anymore but it still worked…untill 2021.6:

Component error: mind - Integration ‘mind’ not found.

So no option to use it anymore?

Please read the post directly above yours

1 Like

Aha, lol. Thank you!!!

1 Like

would any of the dev’s here be able to answer this? Above I found that disabling the ‘enable polling for updates’ option immediately renders all entities Unknown…which of course it not very nice (and maybe unintended/bug?

however, I updated today to the latest 6.1, and tried again. At first all entities turned Unknown once more, but after a short while, 2 minutes maybe, came back to life.

It seems to still be updating the regular sensors though, while the forecast sensors haven’t been updated in over 32 minutes. Not sure if these were updated once an hour before too, so cant say if the enable polling for updates works or not…
can anyone chime in here please?

the weather.buienradar in fact doesn’t get updated, rendering the weather-forecast card into trouble… all in all a mixed experience so far

Short question (because I always used only custom:button-card and so never was aware of):

Is the confirmation dialog used in HA :button card related to the latest update or has it always been like that?

Aha, lol. Thank you, it works!

2021.6.1 brought old browser support back!!
I can login now.
Thank you to the devs!

Append a version number to the resource and anytime you update the file you bump the version so the frontend knows to grab a fresh copy. The entire frontend is meant to cache aggressively like that.

@tube0013

They think the source of the issue has been found. Do either of you have the Garmin integration? And do you get cloud back when it is disabled and HA is restarted?

How do I activate Hue push updates?

There is no setting in the integration, and it doesn’t seem to be applied automatically, because I still notice delays of around two seconds when pushing a Hue Smart Button.

I had pulled down a dev version after Garmin broke in 2021.5, removing that and going back to the release version seems to have fixed it for the most part. I swear I’ve seen it a few times but don’t see it since updating to 2021.6.1 this morning.

Great job on the time format!

Next: let’s agree that weeks begin on Monday and not on Sunday as is the case in the Logbook date picker :wink:

4 Likes

I have a problem with Samsung TV 6102 55 inches.

It’s working on my old snapshot Core 2021.5.5 but after update to last one TV is unavailable.

my configuration.yaml have this

wake_on_lan:

samsungtv:
  - host: 192.168.1.5
    turn_on_action:
      - service: wake_on_lan.send_magic_packet
        data:
          mac: <<hide>>

no need, the HUE integration does it all now. Should be immediate. Not having a HUE smart button though, I can not test. Not sure if this exact device was added to the new style events yet. Frenck might be able to tell you, and you can check here Unhandled Hue events · Issue #49 · home-assistant-libs/aiohue · GitHub maybe