2021.6: A little bit of everything

Tbh your default Themes question is like asking Microsoft why they don’t have a dark mode for excel… theres probably no reason and no one here is going to know the answer.

As for your service question, you answered it yourself. You didn’t find the service to turn on or off polling cause it doesn’t exist. You can control all of that yourself by turning off polling and updating the sensor using an automation.

1 Like

Iirc that’s a bug in a custom card, can’t remember which one is causing it. Just update all your custom cards and it should be fixed. I think it’s the secondary entity row or template row?

yep, template-entity-row, update to 1.1.2 and you’re set

1 Like

Erm…, I pointed to the issue which includes the link to the maintained fork you linked then. So you pointed to the thing I pointed, too. At least when you read the issue-thread. I didn’t pointed or said anything about patching the local code. So…?

wasn’t this fixed yet? Didnt see it pop up on the telly, but this is in the integrations panel stil:

Schermafbeelding 2021-06-05 om 22.02.58

If you answered me. It’s the ha entities card, no custom card. Everything updated

If I create a new dashboard and let HA fill it with entities, everything is dismantled

if you updated Template-entity-row to 1.1.2, you need to clear cache probably. It does this, even on regular entities cards if you run 1.1.1 still

o, even those don’t get fixed, or even recognized… Bluetooth trouble here since the latest Mac OS updates, and no sign of Apple fixing that…

1 Like

Yes it is. Perhaps I was waiting for the elusive 1.0 :slight_smile:

We skipped 2019 past 1 :rofl:

3 Likes

Several times I tried to upgrade, but I always get these errors

21-06-05 20:21:27 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Updating Home Assistant to version 2021.6.2
21-06-05 20:21:27 INFO (SyncWorker_5) [supervisor.docker.interface] Updating image homeassistant/raspberrypi3-64-homeassistant:2021.4.6 to homeassistant/raspberrypi3-64-homeassistant:2021.6.2
21-06-05 20:21:27 INFO (SyncWorker_5) [supervisor.docker.interface] Downloading docker image homeassistant/raspberrypi3-64-homeassistant with tag 2021.6.2.
21-06-05 20:21:33 ERROR (SyncWorker_5) [supervisor.docker.interface] Can't install homeassistant/raspberrypi3-64-homeassistant:2021.6.2: 404 Client Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.40/images/homeassistant/raspberrypi3-64-homeassistant:2021.6.2/json: Not Found ("no such image: homeassistant/raspberrypi3-64-homeassistant:2021.6.2: No such image: homeassistant/raspberrypi3-64-homeassistant:2021.6.2")
21-06-05 20:21:33 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Updating Home Assistant image failed

Before I had issues with upgrading from 2021.5.4 to 2021.5.5 and I needed to do a fresh Hass setup and to restore an older backup. Now I have a working older version but I can’t upgrade.

You may be out of disk space.

1 Like

No, it is a fresh 32 GB SD card.

That doesn’t mean you aren’t out of disk space.

Delete your home-assistant_v2.db file and try again. Your database file may be very large.

The database file is only 751 MB, and there are only 4 backups in the cards backup folder.

Is it possible that the supervisor is downloading the image on one place and tries to use from another place? Could there be an issue that my former install was 32 bit, current fresh install was 64 bit, but the restored backup was from the 32 bit installation?

Try the 32bit image an see. Won’t take long to test.

You have WAY more time available than I do. :laughing:

Oh, yeah I forgot about that. So I have checked it before. But not for years as demonstrated by me forgetting about it. :wink:

Once you start marketing it to the masses you have to accept that the masses (even the dumb “inexperienced” ones) will start to use it. :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s not reasonable to complain when your target audience actually starts using your product.

2 Likes

TTS stopped working on my Google home mini - it does not say anything. Only hear the clank sound and no voice. Something has changed? Previously it was working well. I am using the node red cast node.
Get this error : Failed to cast media https://translate.google.com/translate_tts?ie=UTF-8&q=Garage%20door%20is%20open&tl=en&total=1&idx=0&textlen=19&client=tw-ob&prev=input&ttsspeed=1. Please make sure the URL is: Reachable from the cast device and either a publicly resolvable hostname or an IP address