2021.6: A little bit of everything

I digress.

You know what it is with the US and international standards, right?
It’s only been 35 years that ISO decided that Monday is the first day of week, and it’s only been 6 months that I opened an issue for this :smiley:

2 Likes

Calendars traditionally show Sunday as the first day of the week. As far as I am concerned that is correct.

2 Likes

Not in the most of Europe :wink:

Well, it’s not an issue it’s a #feature-requests.

vue2-daterange-picker built into ha is not using locale-data.

https://innologica.github.io/vue2-daterange-picker/#props

A system would need to be put in place for it to be used.

In the US maybe, but for all of Europe, not so much :wink:

Maybe in the Anglo-saxon world at large, then but ISO 8601 univocally set the first day of week to Monday.

OK.

Now, whether asking for this datetime picker to follow the locale like everywhere else is a bug report of a feature request… :wink:

And, once again, the fallback if locale is not implemented should be ISO rather than the anglo-saxon way :wink:

Then you should take taht up with the creators of vue2-daterange-picker as they set the default for that resource :wink:

Just so we are clear here: We don’t use locale at all in that element. It’s using the defaults for that package, which is not managed by HA. Everything about this is a Feature Requests, even changing the default because it would require HA to use locale-data. You know enough about this to know this without being a sarcastic.

Not quite fair point. The 24h is overridden.

It’s a one-liner in HA to follow the international convention:

props: {
      "time-picker": true,
      "locale-data": "{ firstDay: 1}",

or similar…

That’s still not a bug. It’s a #feature-requests. And I can guarantee you they wouldn’t change the defaults without implementing a whole locale based system because we’d just be in the same situation but in reverse.

Not on this side of the pond.

No. I’ll stop trolling, but standard in Monday, not Sunday. Punt.
Is it a coincidence that the 24h setting is locale-based while it’s default is 24H, not AM/PM? Allow me to wonder :wink:

What does that have to do with anything? I thought you weren’t trolling anymore?

1 Like

It’s a reference to your “feature request” vs. “bug” argument :wink:

There is no argument here. I’m simply telling you why action hasn’t been taken. A system would need to be built to handle locale. It would need a UI override option and a property to hold the data based on the default, locale, or user override. It falls into #feature-requests.

Don’t we have that already for units?

Yes, but it’s specific to Time Format. It could be tied to that, but again… it’s a #feature-requests. The Time Format has never been intended to change the first day of the week.

I’d expect a separate profile item Date Format that would change the date & the number of the week. However I’m not 100% sure if there are locales that use sunday as the first, iso date, and 12 hr time format. If that’s a possibility, you’d need another user profile item for first day of the week.

Personal preference probably comes into it too. I just had a look at Google Calendar, it offers Saturday, Sunday and Monday as options to start the week. A select with those options (so not tied to locale) would probably suit everyone.