2021.7: A new entity, trigger IDs and script debugging

This solved the issue at my end. Thanks for this very useful input!

1 Like

Happens to me.
Solved by @amaximus in post:

1 Like

Hmm This Python change is crapping out many of the integrations.

HACS not working anymore (API Token failure), InfluxDB craps out.

Restoring my old version because this version has way too many issues

Both working here.

Got following during check configuration:

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc…exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms…exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes…
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts…
[cont-init.d] udev.sh: executing…
[cont-init.d] udev.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
[16:01:05] INFO: Don’t worry, this temporary installation is not overwriting your current one.
[16:01:05] INFO: Installing Home Assistant: latest…
[16:01:05] INFO: Please be patient, this might take a few minutes…
[16:02:44] INFO: Installed Home Assistant 2021.7.0
[16:02:44] INFO: Making a copy of your configuration for checking…
[16:02:52] INFO: Checking your configuration against this version…
[16:10:42] ERROR: The configuration check did not pass!
[16:10:42] ERROR: See the output below for more details.
Testing configuration at /tmp/config
Failed config
General Errors:
- Component error: yandex_smart_home - No module named ‘av’
- Component error: camera - No module named ‘av’

RUNNING:
core-2021.6.6
supervisor-2021.06.8
Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
Docker 20.10.6

Any solution how to fix av module?

Wait for 2021.7.1

2 Likes

:+1:
will do

Do you already have the new GitHub API Token for HACS?
DSMR Query and Load errors in InfluxDB.

Main reason for my ProxMox LXC restore is simply that my Thermostat is not working anymore.

Yes I updated to the OAuth method a while ago.

Would it be possible to refer to more than one trigger ID in the action part?

I have a couple of automations with a range of triggers and only two actions.

Something like the following:

action:
  - choose:
      - conditions:
          - condition: trigger
            id:
              - Time Out
              - Alarm On
        sequence:
          - service: light.turn_off
            target:
              entity_id: light.hallway
      - conditions:
          - condition: trigger
            id:
              - Alarm Off
              - Motion detected
              - Door opens
        sequence:
          - service: light.turn_on
            target:
              entity_id: light.hallway
    default: []

should be fixed in 2021.7.1.(last entry in list)
2021.7.1 by frenck ¡ Pull Request #52745 ¡ home-assistant/core (github.com)

@ludeeus horrible advice. It’s Linux 101 that you don’t run anything with root privileges unless it’s temporary and for a specific defined purpose. Running home automation with a gazillion links to things in the network and giving it root access is irresponsible.

4 Likes

The example open/close window notification based on inside vs outside temp (using the new comparison with ‘other’ entity automation trigger) is a great use case - thanks for the new feature! I also upgraded my MQTT sensor to the new MQTT “select” entity, which works great except for one minor nit-pick - the badge for the old sensor used to display “off” as “Off”, whereas the new select entity badge displays “off” as “off”. It’s an inconsistency that sticks out like a sore thumb in a row of badges. I know you can argue that a select entity should not display an “off” value as if it was a boolean state on a badge - but sensors aren’t booleans either, so the inconsistent treatment doesn’t look as good as it used to :frowning: Awesome release as usual (especially since I am running core venv directly on Windows 7 + Python 3.8 with no docker - I am always surprised how smooth the upgrades are going even though it is not a supported environment).

It is not advice, it’s required

1 Like

@wburgers Thanks for providing a workaround. I think it’s complete madness to only support the container as privileged, I’ve been running HA for over a year in non-privileged mode and mounting things as needed without issues. It’s the first time I see anyone in the Linux community telling others to run with full root privileges without explaining exactly why that’s necessary when there are examples in the wild (like myself and you) running non-privileged that works. I followed the instructions on the “Fix/Workaround” and my 2021.7.0 image is now running without issues. Sometimes I think the decisions the developers of this project make are a little crazy.

2 Likes

Doesn’t explain why it’s required… and why have at least two of us been running non-privileged (myself for over a year) without issues? I can even mount my zwave and my zigbee dongles as volumes and it works as normal. Never seem a Linux developer tell someone to run their code with full root privileges without detailing why that’s needed, that is until you just did that. Doesn’t make it okay. Open Source is about transparency, so if the container has been on non-privileged mode and working for several versions why exactly do you guys want us to give you root privileges 100% of the time? :thinking:

2 Likes

Something seems off. I’ve been running HASS container for years and don’t have privileged: true set. That ADR’s only mention of privileged “stuff” is:

The only supported way to run the container is on the host network as root with full privileges.

…which I interpret as network_mode: host.

That requirement was accepted when the ADR for the container installation was laid out, there is no need to attack me for that!
Anything that deviates from the ADR is not supported.

@ludeeus But why do you feel like it’s an attack? I didn’t attack you at all, I’m asking a question and challenging the reason for requiring such a thing when it’s clear that it works without it.

2 Likes

I wonder…

yeah… I’m unsubscribing completely from this thread, have fun :wave: