2021.8.0: Feel the energy ⚡️

Unfortunately I changed over to the Wh sensors and have lost the previous entities, but that 6.66 would have been since the sensor was configured the day before - it was only configured around 5pm and went through the night.

Since changing to the fronius sensors there is a cost showing up now, reflecting the created entities, incorrect for the whole of today as they only started about 2.5 hours ago. Guess I’ll have to wait for a full day (tomorrow) to see some accuracy.

Is there any known way to make this energy update work with the DTE Energy Bridge (that has never worked for me)?

Are you using the default theme?

I’m using a Rainforest meter total energy delivered(a total from the meter which is about 35,000kwh) as my energy dashboard reference.

HA was reading the kwh brilliantly and breaking it down per hour. Then suddenly the graph has gone into negative territory by a huge margin. the graph is now -35,022kwh.

Is there a way to reset the data and get rid of the erroneous data point? alternatively is there a way to ignore impossible data in case of a meter error like this seems to be?

1 Like

I know the energy dashboard need/uses other items, but I think it’s a missed opportunity to release it as a Lovelace dashboard with people can copy and alter, maybe something for new release.
I didn’t read whole thread, so I guess I’m not the only one suggesting this.

Also would it be nice if you can tag switches, lights and anything that uses same amount of power with a static power usage value, so the energy dashboard can use this information for calculations when device is switched on, (or even also low for standby power value) without the need to have a power plug.

Take a look at this custom component made by bramski.
You can use it to have a static power usage value, standby value or even calculate power usage for lights.

1 Like

“feels the energy” … but not of my Tesla, integration broke wioth the update. Any hint?

Setup failed for tesla: Integration failed to initialize.

9:26:07 AM – (ERROR) setup.py

Authentication error: Unable to login with credentials

9:26:07 AM – (ERROR) tesla

Please let me know how you go, I still can’t quite figure out the fronius setup. I am getting correct solar production but the consumption isn’t right.

ecowitt integration is broken after update

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:173
First occurred: August 5, 2021, 8:31:39 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: August 5, 2021, 8:31:39 PM

Setup failed for ecowitt: Unable to import component: cannot import name ‘VOLT’ from ‘homeassistant.const’ (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/const.py)

1 Like

Like @Brent_H, I am using the following sensors:

• Grid consumption: sensor.energy_real_consumed_fronius_meter_0_http_192_168_xxx_xxx
  • Return to grid: sensor.energy_real_produced_fronius_meter_0_http_192_168_xxx_xxx
  • Solar generation: sensor.energy_total_fronius_inverter_1_http_192_168_xxx_xxx

For my setup real produced seems to be total production rather than what has gone to the grid.

Where is the meter in your setup? Mine is at the feed-in point, if yours is not and elsewhere (e.g. between inverter and consumption) then that could explain it.

Or if your inverter is on one phase but consumption on other phases, it would basically export everything to balance out import on the other phases.

Just to confirm - the real_produced_fronius_meter value matches the energy_total_fronius_inverter value?

why i can’t see al 3 phaza on shelly 3em
i have integration shelly
i can see here

Configure grid consumption

Homekit Alarm stop working:

i get also this error en can not find out why has somebody the tip where to shearch ?>

Did anyone get their Growatt solar panels added to the energy management console? I can’t seem to get that working and even though I got to the point that I can add my daily production custom entity (through a template) but it says “Key need to start with energy_”.

Well then post an issue on the issue tracker of that CUSTOM integration.

Hint: custom integrations are not part of HA.

Yale Smart Alarm integration is causing issues.

Example log in the Client thread here:

I have this problem as well. but im not running HA on proxmox. Im running it on pi4.

Youless entities are working now in the new energy management. I put this in my customize.yaml

sensor.youless_net_power_meter:
state_class: measurement
device_class: energy
last_reset: ‘1970-01-01T00:00:00.000000+00:00’

restart and you get then this:
timestamp: 1628245383
unit_of_measurement: kWh
friendly_name: Net Power usage
icon: mdi:gauge
state_class: measurement
device_class: energy
last_reset: 1970-01-01T00:00:00.000000+00:00