2021.8.0: Feel the energy ⚡️

So first, is the Energy Meter Energy entity kWh value increasing hourly (~15mins after the hour)?

If it is, the cost for that hour should be calculated and added to total so far. So in your case it should calculate 25cNZ x energy used in the last hour and add it to $0 (in your case).

Not knowing how/where your Energy Meter Energy entity data is coming from… can’t help much more.

Very neat but as that is a smart meter do you not have access to the data ? Not sure where you are but in the UK I have one of these 3rd party IHD’s and you can get your data via MQTT from them straight into HA

1 Like

I’m with PurePlanet and I’m not sure they have even heard of IHD’s :grin:
I’ve reached out to them, but I don’t hold out much hope. Also wanted it working NOW so went for the easy route of doing it myself :rofl::rofl:

Been running an emonPi Energy Monitor from openenergy.org for a few years now.
Using eMonCMS input process steps, I create grid import (peak and off-peak) feeds, and export feeds. It also logs data feed for my solar generation.
From HA I just bring in all these feeds using The Emoncms integration.

If you have a smart meter you usually get an In House Display (IHD) that connects direct to your meters via Zigbee. This locked IHD only gives you the data on the supplied display whereas the one I listed is a 3rd party one that has API access to the data via their free MQTT feed.

They don’t have any in stock at the moment but are expecting some soon. You will need a Smets2 version as your meter is Smets2.

1 Like

Thanks will have a look, though not sure we can get that device here.

Just curious as to whether anyone else has had the issue with the 2021.8.X versions that I am having. The issue is as follows. I receive an error message indicating that HomeKit is unable to create an accessory for my SimpliSafe alarm control panel. Everything worked fine with the 2021.7.4 version. Here is the exact message:

Logger: homeassistant.components.homekit
Source: components/homekit/accessories.py:249
Integration: HomeKit (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 10:50:38 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:50:38 AM

Failed to create a HomeKit accessory for alarm_control_panel.[REDACTED]_alarm_control_panel
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/homekit/__init__.py", line 628, in add_bridge_accessory
    acc = get_accessory(self.hass, self.driver, state, aid, conf)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/homekit/accessories.py", line 206, in get_accessory
    return TYPES[a_type](hass, driver, name, state.entity_id, aid, config)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/homekit/type_security_systems.py", line 87, in __init__
    super().__init__(*args, category=CATEGORY_ALARM_SYSTEM)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/homekit/accessories.py", line 249, in __init__
    model=model[:MAX_MODEL_LENGTH],
TypeError: 'int' object is not subscriptable

I’m getting a catastrophic error when I attempt to update.
Pre-Update Core: core-2021.7.3
Supervisor: supervisor-2021.06.8
Hosted in an Oracle VirtualBox VM

After attempting to update to core-2021.8.4, my home-assistant.log starts filling with entries like this:

2021-08-09 07:41:17 ERROR (MainThread) [zigpy.appdb] SQLite database file is corrupted!
*** in database main ***
On tree page 91702 cell 46: Rowid 4447004 out of order
On tree page 91702 cell 42: Rowid 4447000 out of order
{{ Many more of these types of errors }}

2021-08-09 07:41:17 WARNING (MainThread) [zigpy.appdb] Failed to migrate row attributes(00:0d:6f:00:04:a8:87:a3, 1, 2820, 1291, 14): UNIQUE constraint failed: attributes_cache_v5.ieee, attributes_cache_v5.endpoint_id, attributes_cache_v5.cluster, attributes_cache_v5.attrid
2021-08-09 07:41:17 WARNING (MainThread) [zigpy.appdb] Failed to migrate row attributes(f0:d1:b8:00:00:05:e4:e1, 1, 8, 0, 9): UNIQUE constraint failed: attributes_cache_v5.ieee, attributes_cache_v5.endpoint_id, attributes_cache_v5.cluster, attributes_cache_v5.attrid
{{ Many more of these types of errors }}

The log grows to more than 100 MB in the first couple of minutes and never fully loads properly - it seems to hang on the Zigby startup. Just to be clear, this does not occur in core-2021.7.3. I am able to restart the VM / Supervisor without any issues. This only happens when I attempt to update to the latest and greatest. I’m open to any suggestions to get around this for the latest update. Thanks!

The breaking changes mention that attributes will now be separate sensors.

There haven’t been any noteworthy changes in that integration, a few translation changes and 1 line of code that changed a list to a tuple on a for loop. Last noteworthy change I see is an update to the dependencies delivered in version 2021.6.

Yes. Saw that. And was able to finde all the entities (former attributes, beside the two. The question was and is, where these attributes are now.

is_linked
is_connected

There are no corresponding entities and the port switches are gone as well

switch.fritz_box_7590_port_forward_xyz

Looking at the documentation, that will now be a binary_sensor, connectivity status.

Here’s the relevant bug report with some additional investigations.

1 Like

Connetctivity status was as state before. The attributes were additional information. is_linked <> is_connected.

Then you’ll have to write up an issue. From the code, connectivity status is derived from is_linked or is_connected depending on the devices physical connection type. If they were removed in favor of connectivity status, I would guess that would be the reason why.

Sorry to bother: I’m still stuck with the entity not showing up (2021.8.0: Feel the energy ⚡️ - #271 by e-raser).

Can anyone point me to the right direction?

Logger: aioshelly
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aioshelly/__init__.py:252
First occurred: 11:35:01 AM (317 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:45:14 AM

Shelly sensors keeps timing out

Thanks, I am using a Shelly EM which gives me both energy used and energy returned.
Which are all displayed correctly.

Is there a way to reset energy data? i got some spike probably when changed sensor value from Wh to kWh…

Thanks

I was previously on 2021.8.1, have since upgraded to 2021.8.3 and the phantom solar/export seem to have disappeared.

Spoke too soon, the energy dashboard is somehow calculating solar generation and export whilst the underlying generation and export sensors are unchanged during the same time period.

Interestingly the small export amount is displayed above the X-axis of the graph, instead of below when there is energy flowing out to the grid? Is there a way to log/debug this to help find the issue?