2021.9.0: More energy, USB discovery, template ❤️

Just search for the integration name, you’ll see all open issues against that integration. You can add filters to see closed and fixed ones too

Same issue.

I’ve changed back to EUR and waiting to see if costs are calculated again.

Neat trick seeing as .2 seems to be the latest

copy paste error / typo you are right it is .2

I would also like to know how exactly this works.
My recorder runs of site on a PG database server.
Will this long term statistic work with this setup too?
I saw that there is a “statistics” table in the database but it does not have any record.

From what I remember, it independent of the recorder purge settings

Hi.

I really love the Energy additions and get some meaningful graphs. The only downside is the gas. Gas is expressed in m3 however my meter in the UK (glowmqtt from hildebrand) reports in kwh
Any suggestions?

Regards,
M

Do you have the Hildebrand IHD or are you using the Bright App to get your data ? I have the IHD from them and I use the meter reading sent from them via MQTT to get the gas working.

You would otherwise have to re-calculate kWh to M3 to get it in HA.

I also do beta testing here and did beta testing for a number software companies were I was paid. All we are doing is testing our configuration and sometimes test different configurations based on developers requests. Most software releases are first simulated and then tested on hardware. Due to the number of variations offered in HA it is impossible for developers to test everything. What people are saying to you if you want you unique setup tested you need to volunteer to be a tester. No one is blaming you. Most people have moved on from the pi3 so there is very limited testing be done on it.

2 Likes

Can we get SMS fixes in?

Thanks for the update! Everything works flawlessly. Perfect job!

Fixed on 2021.9.2

1 Like

Ran into an issue after the auto-update of the Supervisor (to 2021.09.0) - fails to start. Another exercise in disaster recovery :sweat_smile: It’s back in business after running the updated supervised-installer script and restoring a backup ~ 20 min total time. not bad at all

I get no one’s specific set up will be tested. The issue in this case affected most (all?) Pi 3b+ devices. So it wasn’t an edge case or specific configuration but a core scenario that failed. In fact it was bad enough to pull the release, so the people in power must have decided it was impactful enough to pull it. If it was that bad of an issue, there should probably be better testing for that scenario (any Pi 3b+ running HA OS) in the future.

To be clear, if it was just my system which was broken because of some obscure feature or combination of features and hardware I was using, that’s completely understandable. The test matrix is effectively infinite. But for such a common scenario to be broken feels like a test gap to me.

To put some numbers out there, ~13% of users (according to analytics) are using the Pi 3b+. It’s not clear how many of those are using HA OS, or even whether the bug only happened with HA OS, but that’s a pretty large set of users to regress in such a visible way (core constantly crashing).

Edit: spelling and grammar

1 Like

I did not say your setup is unusual. The pi3 is no longer recommended for HA. Not sure if the are any of the beta testers still using it.

Any luck with this buddy

Great to have the battery now included this release. I have a LG battery with my SolarEdge. In the SolarEdge entities I see only battery power. There is no entity with power to battery (from solar) and battery out to consumption. Anybody has a succesfull setup of this?

I have the exact same issue, can’t make it to work again…

Having the same issues as many other users on the pi3 I find your answer remarkable to be honest.

I’m new to home assistant after about 6 or 7 years of pimatic and installed hassos from the official website.
The website offers images for both the pi3 and Pi4, even the installation doc sums up a pi3 as suggested hardware for home assistant.

After a lot of struggling, trying so many things, I could remove the errors below:

2021-09-03 10:56:11 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt.light.schema_basic] The 'value_template' option is deprecated, please replace it with 'state_value_template'
2021-09-03 10:56:11 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt.light.schema_basic] The 'value_template' option is deprecated, please replace it with 'state_value_template'

I updated some tasmotas from 9.1.0 to 9.5.0 and the error were gone.
But if you remember, all came from trying to update from 2021.8.8 to 2021.9.2 (or 2021.9.1). This error was not present in 2021.8.8, I could remove those errors, I am still in 2021.8.8, since the update was not completed, and supervisor still doesn’t start:

There is an unkown error…
Configuration is validated with no errors.

2021-09-04 16:53:49 WARNING (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration openmediavault which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2021-09-04 16:53:49 WARNING (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration saver which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2021-09-04 16:53:49 WARNING (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2021-09-04 16:53:49 WARNING (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration smartir which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant

Above are the only errors present related to custom integrations, which have been always there not causing any problem at all. So I got lost why the supervisor is not starting.
Do you see anything that I can see or do?