2022.04 - groups feature - how to group input.boolean entities?

Version 2022.04 supports great new features to create groups from the UI.
However, is does not seems possible to create a group from input.boolean entities (helpers).
A group of input.boolean entities can be created via YAML but it would be very nice if this was also possible from the UI.
Hope I am not overlooking a feature I not yet discovered. :wink:

I think that only selected common domains were included in this release, the big one that seemed to be missing for me was the “person” domain. Hopefully other domains will get added in future releases.

Could really use grouping input booleans from the UI right about. Waiting for a raspberry pi 3 to reboot is painful. Been trying to snag a raspberry pi 4 for far too long. :\

1 Like

Also voted for implementation of this feature :slight_smile:

Hi Johnny,

would you mind sharing how?
I could really make use of this!

Thanks in advance!

first open your “configuration.yaml” file with a file editor and add the line below (if not yet present)

then create a file “groups.yaml” in the same folder as the “configuration.yaml” file (if not yet present).
There you can define your group for booleans
E.g.

7 Likes

Still applicable in 2024 :slight_smile:

Would be great to create such groups from the UI, could be separate group or maybe part of binary sensor group.

3 Likes

+1 Not sure why these were omitted either?

1 Like

Urgh, wanted to create a toggle group and apparently can’t.

Upvoted.

Yes I’m aware I could maintain this through groups.xaml but the Visual Studio add-on is barely usable from a mobile browser, making this an inconvenient option to maintain.

Please add a toggle group type!!