2022.10.2 breaks light/dark mode

Until 2022.10.0: having the „follow Home Assistant setting“ option enabled everything was working fine

Since 2022.10.2:

• first „follow System setting“ was shown and light mode active (even it should be dark)
  • force closed the app and deleted cache, now it says „follow Home Assistant setting“ again - but it’s still in light mode. So I believe it actually is using the system settings (which might be light, not sure).

Did that option merge mix up something here?

Interesting part:

• when I open settings / mobile app, that part is shown correct in dark mode. Everything else is in light mode
  • even when using „dark mode“ specifically, still only the mobile app settings are in dark, everything else is light
  • I use Fire HD tablets where you can’t trust the system setting depending on the hardware and OS version.That’s why having the „use HA setting“ option always worked great.
  • HA Core is on 2022.7.7.

What now? Bug in HA Conpanion soon or missing HA Frontend stuff shipped with HA Core > 2022.7.7 or…?

I am very sure Simplify themes by jpelgrom · Pull Request #2923 · home-assistant/android · GitHub caused this.

See

…and

Fixed by Amazon shipping a newer WebView version, see: