2022.10: All over the place

17 posts were split to a new topic: Need help setting up dashboard resources without hacs

Will there be a 2022.10.5 with the time zone fix for Tibber which was merged to dev some days ago?

The PR isn’t tagged with 10.5, so it’s likely in the next release.

Ohh. That is probably a misstake, the bug is rendering the implementation more or less useless for automating based on current price as it’s 2h off due to a time zone issue.

Is there a way to add that tag?

That’s up to whoever manages the builds. No clue who does that. Sorry.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Need help setting up dashboard resources without hacs

Just a quick reminder that between 10.2 and 10.4 - someone broke the ‘health check’ ( [‘HomeAssistantCore.update’ blocked from execution, system is not healthy]) to mark the system as unhealthy when Portainer is installed alongside HA in docker.
A really bad misstep by whomever radically changed the health check to care about other docker containers running alongside HA, and break the update functionality.

A kludge to get around the dev who did this is to stop Portainer and do updates from now on:
docker stop portainer
Alternatively, some have noted that simply renaming the docker container avoid this very poorly designed health check:

docker tag portainer/portainer-ce:latest p0rtainer

I only detailed this because these HA nuisance traps, and documentation are getting worse.

This is by design. You can disable the health check if you like. Portainer is not something that the HA team wants people running on supervised systems.

1 Like

How do we disable the health check?
The Health Check page only speaks of it being enabled by default, and how to enable it if not using default_config:

comes with a disclaimer

Latest release 2022.10.5 broke my plugwise integration…

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/plugwise/gateway.py", line 44, in async_setup_entry_gw
    connected = await api.connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/plugwise/smile.py", line 296, in connect
    result = await self._request(DOMAIN_OBJECTS)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/plugwise/helper.py", line 304, in _request
    return await self._request(command, retry - 1)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/plugwise/helper.py", line 304, in _request
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/plugwise/helper.py", line 301, in _request
    raise ConnectionFailedError(
plugwise.exceptions.ConnectionFailedError: Plugwise connection error, check log for more info.

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 365, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/plugwise/__init__.py", line 13, in async_setup_entry
    return await async_setup_entry_gw(hass, entry)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/plugwise/gateway.py", line 50, in async_setup_entry_gw
    f"Error while communicating to device {api.smile_name}"
AttributeError: 'Smile' object has no attribute 'smile_name'

That error says it can’t connect. Check your connection first

1 Like

Hi,
Have problem with the lovelace after restart or opened it in browser. My 2 tablet and on my pc too when boot up or open it the lovelace sometime not load correctly. Mixed the things on the dashboard. Sometimes must do 1 or 2 refresh and after good again.
Before not have this problem. 1-2 months ago see this problem first. What happend after HA update and how can I solve it? Cleared cache, but not solved it.

1 Like

same problem

even made a ticket, but now i suspect the manufacturer
maybe an intentional bug in the firmware, for people who don’t use their ecosystem

Could be, I’ve been waiting for someone else to run into this issue as well. Personally, I really don’t like these V2s and I’ll be avoiding them in the future. Not one change on these devices made them better. All regressions.

1 Like

for me it was the only one available as the LYWSDCGQ were no more available
love those, have 4 of them running, including one outside

i guess xiomi doesn’t like people buying their devices but not their ecosystem

Yeah, apparently there are other brands that are similar to the old one. Not sure if you can buy them anymore.

buying nowadays is mostly a game of chance. noone is advertising the fact you need a bind key :slight_smile:

Done, and you where right! it seems to struggle with weak Wifi. Fixed by wired network now

1 Like

Interestingly immediately after updating to 2022.10, all those entities from the official (!) shelly integration are gone:

• button.devicename_ota_update
  • binary_sensor.devicename_firmware_update

I searched whole Issues · home-assistant/core · GitHub without a finding.

Looking at this topic it seems this never came up for others… very strange.

After restarting HA Core several times, restarting the shelly devices, reloading the shelly integration… I’m out of ideas.

Anyone who can help❓ Have those entities been removed (silently)?

I’m updating to the next core release (2022.11) shortly and the latest (2022.12) within the next days as last hope…

Update:
Solved @ Shelly: Firmware specific binary_sensor and button entities unavailable once updated to HA 2022.10 · Issue #84877 · home-assistant/core · GitHub