2022.11: A heck of a release!

Same here, I have 3 unsupported OS messages

The repairs are just highlighting what was already there. There are no new reasons a system is marked unsupported in this release, it’s just now if the system is unsupported HA shows the user with a repair.

If you’re seeing this one then you are running supervised on an unsupported OS. Running supervised on any OS besides Debian 11 (Bullseye) is not supported. That includes derivatives of Debian such as Raspbian, Ubuntu, etc. Those are not the same as Debian 11 and running supervised on them is not supported.

If you’re seeing a different one, please clarify which one you’re seeing by sharing the more info link.

@integray182 same to you as well. Click the links to see the explainer, if you’re still confused then share which links you’re seeing.

1 Like

The Gas section of the energy dashboard is no longer adding additional “Gas sources” e.g. Wh :frowning:

I`m unable to setup Airthings BLE. I get very long wait for wizard and then there is an error msg.

I have the Wave model, also I have the right dongle which worked with Airthings on Python script

All of which you can click on and find out why.

1 Like

Thanks for this - yet another - great release. As for now I’m using Home Assistant mainly to narrow down my utilities costs, the additional Water Usage Integration into Energy is just great.

Getting insights into water usage

Since Home Assistant added energy management, tracking the usage of water🚰 has been requested quite a bit. It was raised again during this month of WTH, and with over 370 votes, it is clearly wanted a lot.

This release adds the ability to monitor your water usage in the energy dashboard!

Although water is not strictly “energy”, it is still a valuable resource to track. It is often tightly coupled with energy usage (like gas) when using hot water, and the gained insight can help you reduce your ecological footprint by using less water :earth_americas:.

Love the Home Assistant ecosystem and a big shout out to all developers making Home Assistant as great as it is.

/m4v3r1ck :sunglasses:

Look here

Nice release, as always. Updating from the beta right now.

1 Like

All my automations are gone after updating to 2022.11.0

I have a few Picture Elements cards configured to control my lights, but this is now broken - images on top of the picture are now gone and nothing happens if I click on the spot where the dots (images) should be. Resources (images) are locally accessible.

I didn’t find anything noting why this could be broken (in breaking changes for instance). Anybody else with the same problem?

This is my Picture Elements card config:

1 Like

After 8 restarts they are back again

I use GitHub - weetmuts/wmbusmeters: Read the wireless mbus protocol to acquire utility meter readings. to track water usage, I think it is quite common and should maybe be mentioned on the Integrating your water usage - Home Assistant page.

3 Likes

Hello , Great HA release, it’s again amazing work !

I see a change in automation mode: restart which now, not stoping the previous automation when automation start again with another trigger.
It’s appearing on automation using trigger with duration. I use motion start and motion stop (for duration:2min).

If a motion is start: light is on
if motion stop for 2min: light is off.

I see that motion start is appearing after 20sec of motion stop but the light is going off with the previous automation

Previously (2022.10.4), if a new trigger is coming, the automation is fired and the previous automation was cancelled (which is the purpose of restart mode).

1 Like

Thanks for the new release!

I’ve discovered one change in my own installation: All locally stored images/icons in my Picture Elements Cards are gone. Files are still in place (folder www) and I made no changes in my cards so far. No error messages in the log files.

Edit: Solution adding “width” as described in the issue below make the icons appear again.

I’ll open an issue on Github.

1 Like

This update brings up statistics when clicking an entity that records statistics instead of the entity’s history and I don’t want that, it’s way less precise than it was. Any way to revert this behaivor without rolling back core update?

6 Likes

Anyone get Invalid Config Error after restart?

Invalid config

The following integrations and platforms could not be set up:

Please check your config and logs.

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:357
First occurred: 11:24:11 (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:24:11

Unable to set up dependencies of upnp. Setup failed for dependencies: ssdp
Unable to set up dependencies of dlna_dmr. Setup failed for dependencies: ssdp

2 Likes

I love this release. Water uage, First Day of the Week. New cards. Esp. Icons in automationlist Just everything…

… BUT

Long-term statistics in the entity dialogs without giving he user the choice of having it, is really really not good.

During beta times there where a lot of complains about this from a lot of users. And at least I have seen only one user, who wrote, that there might be some cases, where this is helpful.

In all of my cases, it gives no benefits and only hides the real short history data, I’m interested in, when I click on the details. I want to see the raw data, the e,g, raw fuel prices, the raw power values, when it changed to exactly what and when and from what. And no mean or may or min in the used timeframe.

I respect, if the developer, who has implemented this likes this personally and implemented it because of this. But please please give the user the choice to have this or the really useful raw view as before.

27 Likes

With this update my state-switch cards don’t work anymore (they don’t show anything at all). Here is an example:

type: custom:state-switch
theme: mashrooms
default: default
entity: user
states:
  Famiglia:
    type: weather-forecast
    entity: weather.openweathermap
    show_current: true
    show_forecast: true
    theme: Mushroom
  default:
    type: custom:weather-card
    entity: weather.openweathermap
    current: true
    details: false
    forecast: true
    number_of_forecasts: '5'

Any advice?

It does only show the “long term statistics” with min / mean / max for entities that have such history.

you can change the behave by disabeling the “min” / mean" values, for example:

full statistic:
grafik

disabled min & mean:
grafik

other sensors, that don’t have a long term statistic, will just show the “state history” as we know it:
grafik

I think, that’s a pretty good compromise - it could maybe be optimized… for example while providing the following in the yaml file:

tap-action:
  action: more-info

idea:

tap-action:
  action: more-info-statistics
1 Like