2022.11: A heck of a release!

Yes, mine stopped working as well

I started to get “ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component ssdp” after updating my HA Docker. Because SSDP isn’t working it broke several other integrations I have. Any recommendations to fix this before downgrading? Thank you!

Great release!
But I’m using hassio-addons/google-assistant-webserver at master · AndBobsYourUncle/hassio-addons · GitHub and after updating to this release “rest.notify” no longer works.
“Unable to prepare setup for platform rest.notify: Unable to set up component.”

I didn’t see any mention of something related to it in the breaking changes, so I assume it should still work?
I’ve just updated to this release, so haven’t done any kind of debugging yet to try to figure out why it stopped working.

EDIT:
Disregard this post… for some reason, restarting HA two times after the upgrade got it working again.

1 Like

Under settings ->system → network, add your Home Assistant URL. After adding this and giving a restart my SSDP errors went away and the integrations depending on SSDP also stopped erroring out.

3 Likes

That fixed it. Thank you @silvrr as always you’re a huge help!

Newest release of OpenSprinkler integration fixes it. It was just released.

2 Likes

Newest release of OpenSprinkler integration fixes it. It was just released

I’m running HA Supervised in a docker container on Debian and getting an unsupported OS error with this release. Couldn’t find anything in the notes. Anyone got any ideas?

Same here, I have 3 unsupported OS messages

The repairs are just highlighting what was already there. There are no new reasons a system is marked unsupported in this release, it’s just now if the system is unsupported HA shows the user with a repair.

If you’re seeing this one then you are running supervised on an unsupported OS. Running supervised on any OS besides Debian 11 (Bullseye) is not supported. That includes derivatives of Debian such as Raspbian, Ubuntu, etc. Those are not the same as Debian 11 and running supervised on them is not supported.

If you’re seeing a different one, please clarify which one you’re seeing by sharing the more info link.

@integray182 same to you as well. Click the links to see the explainer, if you’re still confused then share which links you’re seeing.

1 Like

The Gas section of the energy dashboard is no longer adding additional “Gas sources” e.g. Wh :frowning:

I`m unable to setup Airthings BLE. I get very long wait for wizard and then there is an error msg.

I have the Wave model, also I have the right dongle which worked with Airthings on Python script

All of which you can click on and find out why.

1 Like

Thanks for this - yet another - great release. As for now I’m using Home Assistant mainly to narrow down my utilities costs, the additional Water Usage Integration into Energy is just great.

Getting insights into water usage

Since Home Assistant added energy management, tracking the usage of water🚰 has been requested quite a bit. It was raised again during this month of WTH, and with over 370 votes, it is clearly wanted a lot.

This release adds the ability to monitor your water usage in the energy dashboard!

Although water is not strictly “energy”, it is still a valuable resource to track. It is often tightly coupled with energy usage (like gas) when using hot water, and the gained insight can help you reduce your ecological footprint by using less water :earth_americas:.

Love the Home Assistant ecosystem and a big shout out to all developers making Home Assistant as great as it is.

/m4v3r1ck :sunglasses:

Look here

Nice release, as always. Updating from the beta right now.

1 Like

All my automations are gone after updating to 2022.11.0

I have a few Picture Elements cards configured to control my lights, but this is now broken - images on top of the picture are now gone and nothing happens if I click on the spot where the dots (images) should be. Resources (images) are locally accessible.

I didn’t find anything noting why this could be broken (in breaking changes for instance). Anybody else with the same problem?

This is my Picture Elements card config:

1 Like

After 8 restarts they are back again

I use GitHub - weetmuts/wmbusmeters: Read the wireless mbus protocol to acquire utility meter readings. to track water usage, I think it is quite common and should maybe be mentioned on the Integrating your water usage - Home Assistant page.

3 Likes