2022.11: Card borders

That was not a yelling - that was a pain for people who now will have do fixes which they cannot do quickly or simply cannot.
But not sure that you can understand it - as well as your admireres.
Not easy to express it in English which is not a native language for me - in Russian I would say it shorter and much clear.

1 Like

I too am not in favour of the theme changes. But it’s always best to phrase it into proper feedback. And feedback should always be a good thing. Like I posted yesterday, more important than the changes themselves, I would love to have a way to set basic style elements, like rounded corners and outlines, just as the two primary colours are also editable from the UI. Not everything needs to be in there, but some basic stuff. Without the need to change CSS. Personally I believe there is a huge opportunity for HA. This is a feature request I suppose :grinning:

Corner radius is looking fine to me. It’s just the borders I don’t like. Never seen these harsh line in Material Design but I’m not a designer. Everything can be fixed so let’s not go to war over it please.

what about who use other theme ? , and use stack in card , it show the border , did you have solution for me ? , thanks

Do you mean custom:stack-in-card? You need card-mod for it.

On the borders of cards, is it possible to add an option to remove them if you wish without needing to edit yaml? So many of my dashboards look horrible at the moment and I am not changing them as I was hoping this might become an option. (Blank cards with are border are no longer blank :D)

No, all theme related settings are set by the theme and therefore set by yaml.

Thank god for this. Its true what I’ve heard before one HA update and your whole system can get messed up. When things like this are implemented they should provided a way to turn them back off.

hi struggling with removing the boarders on my cards…

I have tried

# Example configuration.yaml entry
frontend:
  themes:
    No Borders:
      ha-card-border-radius: 0px ## or whatever radius you want
      ha-card-border-color: rgba(0,0,0,0) ## transparent

but i still get light grey line around my cards

where do i need to put this code to get rid of it!

Which card type is that?

- type: custom:button-card
                    entity: cover.all_kitchen_windows
                    tap_action:

custom button card i think

Please post the code of the posted dashboard piece (Solar&Power).

Hi, can i also use this code for Horizontal Stack Card Configuration ? If so where do I need to place the code

Can someone help me here, I am missing something I know in the YAML setup.

when I add this to my config file:

frontend:
  themes: !include_dir_merge_named themes
  No Borders:
    ha-card-border-radius: 0px 
    ha-card-border-color: rgba(0,0,0,0) 

I get this error when I check config.

Invalid config for [frontend]: [No Borders] is an invalid option for [frontend]. Check: frontend->frontend->No Borders. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 84).

If I take out this part:

!include_dir_merge_named themes

Then it checks out ok, but when I restart my system all my custom Themes are gone that I use for other pages.

How can I fix the border issue and keep my link of the themes folder?

No Borders:
    ha-card-border-color: rgba(0,0,0,0) 

This is already a theme, compare the structure with your other themes in your theme directory. Create a new yaml file in your theme directory with the content abov No Borders:
ha-card-border-color: rgba(0,0,0,0) .

2 Likes

that should not go into your configuration yaml but into the yaml file of the theme you are using.

YES! That would be great. I personally hate the new one, with outline/borders it feels like the UIs I wrote in the 2000’s… If we could set details like border, radius it would be best, and everyone would be happy. Now, is there anyone who can contribut that? xD

1 Like

have a look into the “pre 2022.11 themes” I’ve created… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am using the same google theme, and I would like to add the no border to it. Did you find out to do it?

Using your them over the google one, I kind of like it more. From GitHub, I understood that the outline version has no border and a couple of options for shadow, but instead, it does have borders. Does it?

I tried all 4 options and only Home-Assistant Pre-2022.11.0 Theme has no border. Am I doing something wrong?